Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you an Eleanor Burns fan?

I might not be a quilter if not for Eleanor Burns. I just love her and the techniques she teaches!

I learned much of my quilting skills from her, via her books and show. I think her way of making flying geese is genius and use it always. Kudos to Eleanor Burns.
    two simple rules for success
    1. Show up.
    2. Pay attention.
    One simple rule for happiness
    1. Kindness counts.

I made her Log Cabin quilt and it turned out beautiful. Hubby helped pick out the colors...he did an outstanding job
    I just bought her " Delectable Mountain" book that comes with the template. .It is my next project after the "Aunt Cora's Cupboard" BOM I have had in my sewing room for 10 years.....civil war reproduction fabric speaks to me somehow!!

Fast and easy patterns, I've made a couple of her quilts, Lovers Knot and a log cabin of sorts from her larger books.
    "We can never have too much fabric" and "May the Fabric Fairy always keep your stash filled".

Robinlee

A few weeks ago I attended the Quilter's Dream Retreat with Eleanor. She taught one of the classes and I was chosen to have lunch with her. It was wonderful. She is a great person.

The first time I saw a show I had never even heard of her. The first time she got "rid of it" over her shoulder I think my mouth dropped open and after that I just loved her. She is so quirky that you know she is real. What a good time you would have if you could take a class from her or spend any time with her.

I have come to love her. I've made several of her quilts and have learned a lot. Her instructions to me are very simple and easy to understand. I watch her show wherever I am that gets it (Not here unfortunately, but all her shows are on her website free)

I adore her! She made believe that I too could quilt! I love it when someone is so enthusiastic and encouraging.
    I am truly Blessed by the Best!!
    ♥♥ Sew Sincerely, Sheriann ♥♥

I did watch the video. Thanks so much for posting it. Makes me like El even more!!

Thanks for sharing!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast