Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you an Eleanor Burns fan?

Are you an Eleanor Burns fan?

I lover her down home attitude and fast methods.

This video is wonderful, it is an interview with her by Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims.

http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/shows.php/episode/913

It lasts an hour, shows her home and her personal quilts. Attend a class in her studio and tour the historic town she where she lives.

I enjoyed it and didn't mind the length.

Jean
    Jean in MI

Her specific quilt patterns are not my favorites, however, I do like her teaching methods and showing how to do things easier and get a clean, perfect quilt square. Some of the historical background information is also interesting to hear.

I like her books. She gives great explainations and good illustrations in them and many are spiral bound.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

That was alot of fun .Thank you so much.

Blog Entries
    I do love her videos, but don't always use her methods. Like all of us, some are great...some I chose to do something else...they are good reminders of how to break down a pattern though.

I applaud her hard work, talent and business-savy. She seems like a very decent person. However, if I had to listen to her more than a half hour.....sorry but I find her voice irritating. Maybe her voice comes across differently when she isn't informing/instructing?

thank you for sharing that link, we just this week got an internet connection that is fast enough to even bother with youtubes I'll watch it tomorrow
    It's been a long time since I've seen her shows, we haven't had a TV for about 8 years but I watched her religiously on Saturday PBS, and really admired how she instinctively knew how to do something quicker. The throwing junk over her shoulder made my eyeballs itch though...

Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed watching it.
    Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years.

"I, myself, am entirely made of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."

Blog Entries
    I do like Eleanor because she really was at the forefront of making quilting easier with the strip quilting method. I admire how she has turned lemons (a divorce with young sons to raise) into lemonade (international business). Throwing fabric over her shoulder is a bit of silliness that makes me laugh. Still use her log cabin method to this day.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

She has some really great quilting methods. I have several of her books, especially like her Sunbonnet Sue.
    She is entertaining as well as productive in her Quilt in a Day series. she has contributed a lot to the quilting industry.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast