Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Applique Pressing Sheet"

I purchased a kit from Crooked Nickel Quilt Designs. It says I need an applique pressing sheet. Can I find this somewhere besides the Crooked Nickel company? What can I use in place of this item?

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I found them at Walmart, Hancocks and Michaels. It's like a teflon sheet that nothing sticks to it.

I have one that I think I ordered it from Clotilde's years ago. Also, try Connecting Threads or Joann's. If you Google you'll probably get a lot of hits :)

There is really no replacement item for the applique pressing sheet.
    It takes the heat of your iron, indispensible for using when putting together double appliqued shapes before setting them on the fabric.
    You will spare yourself many burned fingers and gluey ironing board covers. It is worth the price (haven't priced them lately, but three years ago, they were fifteen dollars.) Well worth the price. And, they are quite common any place fabric is sold.

I used parchment paper for years, but the Teflon really is better. Look on EBay - sometimes you can get then there for 5-6 bucks, because they are used in t-shirt presses commercially.

Parchment works for me too... especially when I my teflon isn't big enough...

I've seen many different companies that have applique sheets. Joann's has them so do many LQS. Good luck finding them. I love mine!!! wouldn't go without it. I have 2 so 1 item can cool while I'm pressing another item. it's great!

Hope you find one, I love mine

Blog Entries
    Joanns has a Teflon Pressing sheet - you can get it on sale all the time :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by suezquilts
    Parchment works for me too... especially when I my teflon isn't big enough...
    That is a good thing to know. By the way - - before the teflon sheets/mats came along, didn't people usually just use a damp cloth or white linen covering of some kind? Of course, back then, there were not the adhesives that we use today, hence the beauty of the applique/teflon mats

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast