Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: "Ethan's Star"

Someone posted a picture of a quilt by this name. I have been trying to find a free download of this pattern but can only find references to it and pictures of it. I need the pattern. Can anyone tell me where to find a free download.

I think it was in Quiltmaker magazine at least three years ago. They did it in a blue colourway for boys and a pink version for the twin sister. You could check their site and see if it is listed. It may be one of those that was free for a while and now costs money. Good luck finding it.

Kas
    I made this one for a friend's baby. It turned out really well. It was from the March/April '04 Quiltmaker. I checked it out of our library's archived magazine section. See if that is an option for ya.

Blog Entries
    did you find the pattern yet?

Blog Entries
    Maybe if you ask about this magazine in the the Classified sectiion someone may have it to sell inexpensively :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    Someone posted a picture of a quilt by this name. I have been trying to find a free download of this pattern but can only find references to it and pictures of it. I need the pattern. Can anyone tell me where to find a free download.
    I just made this one up with Quilt Pro. It was a fairly simple pattern to duplicate.

Ethan's Star Remake
    Name:  Attachment-84015.jpe
Views: 141
Size:  43.4 KB

Kas
    That looks like it. Go with it. I am still waiting for the picture of the now 5yr old baby on his quilt to go in my project notebook, but I remember the layout to be like the one posted here. That might be as close to having the article as you can get.

Haven't found the pattern yet. Went on Quiltmakers website but can't find it there either. Still need help. I'm willing to purchase it from someone who may have it.

Thank you, BKrenning!!! You're a jewel. I can't wait to get started on this for a prayer quilt. Already have the fabric picked out...just needed that pattern. You've made my day.

Kas
    Yes, she is! I need to print it out, too. It was so easy and fast to put together. Show us a pic when you are done!