Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: "slider" for fmq....

I'm interested in your opinion of using a pink "slider" for fmq -- does it make the quilt move more smoothly as you sew and is it worth $30?

Blog Entries
    some say yes, some say no. i used it a few times but my quilt kept getting caught on it so i removed it. also removed my acrylic extention table. maybe it's just me who had trouble. so search here for more info.

I have one but rarely use it. I don't really think it makes difference for me.

I have one and use it all the time. Mine is white. Where did you get a pink one and what is the differnce bettween the two?

I use mine all the time too! It helps the quilt slide around much better than without it.

Yes, it's worth it.

Kas
    The pink one is bigger than the original and has the $ back to breast cancer thing. There is another company (can't remember the name right now) that has a white one that is even bigger. It doesn't seem as smooth to me. I have them both. I wouldn't fmq without mine anymore. It really does help the quilt sandwich glide better. I just wish it was much bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kas
    The pink one is bigger than the original and has the $ back to breast cancer thing. There is another company (can't remember the name right now) that has a white one that is even bigger. It doesn't seem as smooth to me. I have them both. I wouldn't fmq without mine anymore. It really does help the quilt sandwich glide better. I just wish it was much bigger.
    Do you have any problem with the quilt getting hung-up on the corners of the slider?

Blog Entries
    I think you could get the same effect with cheap vinyl from Walmart. With the vinyl, you can cover as large an area as you can create to surround your needle.

I not familiar with the "slider". I've been trying to fmq and not doing so hot. I need all the help I can get. Could someone send me a link so I can see what you are talking about. I am assuming it is for a reg. sewing machine, not a longarm. Right?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast