Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is $1,000 a good price on Bernina 440 QE

Is $1,000 a good price on Bernina 440 QE

A lady in a town close by is selling her 6 year old Bernina 440QE for $1000. I have not seen it yet because I want to know if this is a good price. Any one here know?

Thanks,
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I would tend to think so espically if its 6 yrs old my 1530 which is much older was 600 from a dealer
    Warm Regards,
    Sandra

It is an EXCELLENT price! I believe a new (6 months ago before the line was discontinued) was bout $2,890
    Carrie, Queen of the Seam Rippers!

They regularly go for $2000 to $2800 on eBay.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

That is an amazing price. Just make sure you sew on it first, as you won't get any sort of warranty or dealer support.

Does it have all the accessories it came with (namely BSR?) The BSR costs about that on it's own. If you are getting embroidery with it, that is a heck of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    That is an amazing price. Just make sure you sew on it first, as you won't get any sort of warranty or dealer support.

Does it have all the accessories it came with (namely BSR?) The BSR costs about that on it's own. If you are getting embroidery with it, that is a heck of a deal.
    I agree! It is a good price. Does it come with the BSR foot or a walking foot? If so that makes this price REALLY good.
    I have this machine and I love it.

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    I bought my 440 about 1-1/2 years ago. It was a floor model with very few hours on it and was about $2800. If you check it out and it runs good and she has the BSR and other accessories (walking foot is another to try and get from her) I think that's a good price.
    She who dies with the most fabric didn't sew fast enough!

That is an awesome deal. Mine is 3 years old and I pd. $3100 for it new (without the embroidery featre on it). And if it is only 6 years old, it shoudl still be like new (unless the lady sewed day and night on it). I would snatch that one up before anyone else does! I love mine so much I never plan to get anything else.

Power Poster
    Check it out for sure. At that price I would get it as a second machine. If the BSR is there it's $1000.00. If it comes with embroidery, that's another $1000.00. You do need a lap top to use the embroidery unit I think. Most of the Bernina feet are about $50.00 each so see how many of those come with it. Is she throwing in the accesory case/instruction book? It usually comes with a carrying case too.
    Bring samples of different types of fabric to check out the sewing. Silky, cotton, fleece, quilt sandwich etc. to see how it sews. Lower the feed dogs down to see if they work. (button that you push in on right hand end of machine)Check to see if you have an authorized Bernina dealer in your area for repairs/oiling. It has an indicater that comes on when it needs to be serviced. The Bernina serviceman can tell you how much sewing has been done on it if you buy it. Pay with a credit card so you can stop payment if you have any trouble?

If it is in good working condition, that is a good price for it. Make sure you test it out before buying.
    Daffy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast