Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: **NEW** FVG QUILT IDEA: "Shuriken"

[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/Shuriken.jpg[/IMG]

Once again, on accident, I have turned traditional blocks into a masterpiece. This is actually a Modified Nine Patch combined with four Flying Geese/Goose blocks. It happened when I was sketching out blocks from a huge book of block patterns (500+) and began to fiddle around a bit and ended up with this. I call it "Shuriken"...kind of a throw back to the "Ninja Star" quilt, but these look more like actual ninja stars.

Way cool! I like the circular sub-design.

Blog Entries
    OHHH!!! That is another masterpice from you! I love your ideas and this one will make up really cool...are you gonna make this one?

Blog Entries
    Ohhh, I LOVE this pattern!!! Do you mind if I borrow it? And what size are the pieces if you don't mind if I try it. Thanks!!!

Blog Entries
    WOW!!! Awesome!!! Another wonderful design :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    OHHH!!! That is another masterpice from you! I love your ideas and this one will make up really cool...are you gonna make this one?
    One of these days I will.

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Ohhh, I LOVE this pattern!!! Do you mind if I borrow it? And what size are the pieces if you don't mind if I try it. Thanks!!!
    Its a picture for now so I don't have any pattern measurements to give you. But you're welcome to use the design.

Blog Entries
    Thank you!!! I'll get my friend to help me figure out the sizes and post the pattern information here, if you say it's OK. Since it's your design, maybe you want me to IM it to you first? Thanks for the OK to try it. I think it is wonderful!!! I really love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Thank you!!! I'll get my friend to help me figure out the sizes and post the pattern information here, if you say it's OK. Since it's your design, maybe you want me to IM it to you first? Thanks for the OK to try it. I think it is wonderful!!! I really love it.
    You can post the info on here, but message me a copy as well. If you can get different sizes for each block that would be great (I had intended 10" blocks, but other people might want to try 6", 8", or 12").

For anyone else who wants to give this design a try, I'm perfectly okay with it unless you want to profit from my design. Other than that, go nuts! I'm just glad people are interested.

Very pretty!! I love it! :D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast