:roll: :?: :!: I am stumped, I think I have quilters block or whatever you want to call it. I started this over 7 months ago and have never had one stump me this long. I bought the fabric at Hancocks when they had they big blowout sale for $2 yard. Immediately thought of my sister, her favorite flower is the iris.Okay , here is what I do know:
1.I want this to be lap-size.
2. I want iris' somewhere on it.
3. I don't want heirloom quality, just so she can curl up and watch tv.
4 I want to use the colors below
Now here is the whishy-washy part, Do i want:
1. Large center applique w/ classic blocks around it.
2.individual flower blocks w/ several borders.
3. to use the other three flower in the fabric for blocks also.
4. Scrap the applique and just make classic blocks and use the focus fabric as my border.
I have searched google photos,the QB, my magazines & books,ordered books from Amazon. Nothing ! The Fabric part came easy this time, I collected it in three seperate shopping trips, but the pattern or layout part has me bumfuzzled.
Here are the inspirational pics. and the part of the problem too.
http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DaffodilWreathBlock.html Make a tulip and whatever the other flower is to go with these. And then there is the Amish quilt site here: http://www.amishcountrylanes.com/PHP/Tour2007.php #'s 476 & 634 enter one less and it jumps to the next. Any suggestions or picture would be great! Thanks