Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which 1/4" foot is best?

I have a BabyLock Quest Plus and I hate the 1/4" foot that came with it, pictured below. What I usually do is use my regular foot but move the needle to the right which is a scant 1/4" but that means I can't use my piecing plate. What I'm looking for is a 1/4" foot that I can use with my needle in the center position. I saw one called the Little Foot which is clear plastic and looked interesting. I want a foot whose edge goes right along the edge of the fabric so that it's easy to see what I'm doing. My peepers must be going bad. I use a Bendable Bright Light too - without that I'd be in trouble. Any opinions on 1/4" feet??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Since Brother and BabyLock are "Sister" companies, you may want to check and see if the 1/4" quilter's foot from Brother would work.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a generic 1/4" foot for my cheapie Brother. The center position is NOT 1/4"!! I have to scoot the needle almost but not quite all the way to the right so I can line up with the edge of the foot. Because of the way the foot is shaped that means you can see a line if you are trying to sew on one. It's a pain.

I ordered a 1/4 foot with the guard for my brother 4000D, it is a Babylock foot cost me $20.00. Love it, it has a perfect 1/4".

Is that the one where the guard runs along the edge of the fabric?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    I have a generic 1/4" foot for my cheapie Brother. The center position is NOT 1/4"!! I have to scoot the needle almost but not quite all the way to the right so I can line up with the edge of the foot. Because of the way the foot is shaped that means you can see a line if you are trying to sew on one. It's a pain.
    I concur with this experience...my cheapie Brother does have the ability to move the needle to the right by using the knob to adjust the stitch width for zig-zag. It works, but kind of awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSew66
    Since Brother and BabyLock are "Sister" companies, you may want to check and see if the 1/4" quilter's foot from Brother would work.
    good idea.

Blog Entries
    I have the Little Foot and I love it :D:D:D It is a true 1/4" on my machine, and if I bump my needle once to the right it is a perfect scant 1/4" :wink: the little bump won't affect you being able to use your piecing plate either :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by Chay
    Is that the one where the guard runs along the edge of the fabric?
    yes, I love it, have one for each of my machine:)

Am I the only one that uses an edge stitching foot to do my piecing. It has a flange on the right side of the foot and if I line my fabric along that flange I get a perfect 1/4" seam.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast