Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 square triangles...

Ok I am making a block, its a secret for the quilting bee, and I need 1/4 square triangles, now the only fabric I have for it is in 2 inch strips already and it says you can make them from 2 inch strips in the directions, but does not tell me how to make them from a 2 inch strip. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sry have not idea how to do that, but I'm sure someone on here will know.

Would it work to cut them similar to the tube blocks? Cut from one direction, then turn your ruler and cut from the top? Maybe then cut them in half to make the 1/4 square? I'm probably not explaining what I'm thinking very well.

It says to make 2 4 1/4 inch squares or ( 8 triangles from 2 inch strip with a quarter square triangle ruler or companion angle ruler) I have no idea what a 1/4 square triangle is or what any of this means lol.

If I can I really want to use this strips because it doesnt take much of this fabric and I dont really want to have to go out and buy some for such a small amount so if anyone can help I would be extremly greatfull! If not I will have to go buy some fabric lol!

Blog Entries
    I'm lost.

I'm not in on this particular bee so you can pm me with your directions and I'll see what I can do to make things simpler.

I just quick stitched up the 4.25 squares into 1/4 inch triangles and I see no way to do this from a 2 inch strip, I think you need a 2.5 inch strip. Anyone else who can help her? There must be an error or I'm not seeing something.

Ok thanks, I didnt see it either, but guess I will be going to the fabric store lol!

Quote Originally Posted by samroberts01
    It says to make 2 4 1/4 inch squares or ( 8 triangles from 2 inch strip with a quarter square triangle ruler or companion angle ruler) I have no idea what a 1/4 square triangle is or what any of this means lol.
    Key phrase here is "a 1/4 square triangle"
    They will end up looking like an hourglass. If you cut triangles full size from your strips, you will need two light and two dark for every square.

Look at the picture here, and you can see how to do it - except yours will be pieced from triangles.
    http://quilting.about.com/od/quickpi..._squares_2.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast