Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1/8" seam allowances

great tip Prism i just did a bom i`n not sure i`m going to get 1/4 without losing points i`m going to use what i use to put batting together to reinforce
    Thanks Gale

Blog Entries
    When sewing on the bias make sure to starch your fabric and try not to pull or stretch it too much. The starching will help them keep their shape. You should be ok.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    I recently was told by a lady who has quilted for years to use 1/8 inch seam but I am afraid to try it. I never thought about making my stitches smaller. Thanks for the tip .I might try it now.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Thanks everyone! I popped on the board and read, with much gratitude, all your suggestions and advice. I did check the math and it turns out the original square size I was working with was typed wrong. I am going ahead with sewing 1/8" seam allowance and notated the mistake on the pattern directions.

thank you everyone- I thought I had to abandon this project and quickly find another ( I hate not finishing stuff). I truly appreciate your help and advice!

Peace,
    Deb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2