Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Million Pillow Case Challenge

Just wondering how many of you are participating in the 1 Million Pillow Case Challenge.

The Fabric shop I frequent most is having get togethers every other Monday where anyone who wants can come in, bring their sewing machine, and make pillow cases all day. A few of us have even started getting together on Saturdays there, too. We bring a simple pot luck and snacks to share and sew all day from 10 am to 5 pm. It has gotten to be a lot of fun seeing how each pillow case turns out. They are so pretty and gives us a good feeling as to where they are going. A lot of people that come to the shop have donated a bunch of fabric that they have laying around and have no plans for.

Our shop is will be up to the 1000 mark by the end of next week. That was the goal, but now they will have to raise the goal. Even one or two pillow cases adds up when everyone gives one.

Blog Entries
    we do not have a shop here where I live. :-(

Yes, I have made quite a few pillowcases for the challenge. I think it is a very worthy cause and the pillowcases are so easy to make. Several LQS's have been collecting them in large numbers here. ;)

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I have heard about it, but have not done any. My Mom is interested though, and I gave her the information.

My small group made 35 pillow cases last month. Yes, it was fun to see how the different fabrics went together.

Blog Entries
    Our LQS are collecting them and have kits for sale :D:D:D

My daughters girl scout troop with alot of help from our leader and myself made a total of 28 pillowcases. Then the following week we tie dyed them. Each girl gets to keep one of the ones that she tie dyed and then the other 20 are going to the Ronald McDonald house in St. Louis. Although there is not a local store participating our pillowcases can still count since we are donating to a charity in the community!

What a great idea and a good way to socialize. My LQS is at least 55 miles away - but wish I could participate.

Ours arent doing anything either, but it sounds like lots of fun, and a worthy cause!

That sounds like a lot of fun. Wish there was a place near me to do that. :oops:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast