Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 100+ tissue covers later...............

100+ tissue covers later...............

I've not counted the tissue covers yet-----------but I bet I'm getting close to 100. I keep finding more bits of fabric--------today did some Christmas, a couple Valentines, a couple flags.

AND THEN found the zip lock bag where I had started some very simple gift baggies a couple years ago.

I've got to get back to the quilt for a gal at church-----------she lost a leg in a motorcycle accident and I'm making a personal sized quilt for her. 80% done.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

​I have seen a few diff. patterns for the small purse tissue covers, which one are you using?
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work.

I'm going to a bazaar but haven't taken tissue covers. How much can you sell them for? No competetion to you, I'm on the West coast
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Quote Originally Posted by ppquilter View Post
    ​I have seen a few diff. patterns for the small purse tissue covers, which one are you using?
    One that had a pictorial tutorial on here. Posted just a few days ago in an easy Christmas item thread. Sorry I don't remember names worth a hoot. Easy. and cute!
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth View Post
    I'm going to a bazaar but haven't taken tissue covers. How much can you sell them for? No competetion to you, I'm on the West coast
    Don't ask me about money, most of my stuff is given away! I have seen them on the net for $4-5 which is way too high in my opinion. Some gals said they were charging $2 which seems logical. I'm taking some to my club and will sell them for $1.25 with the quarter going to the club. THE FABRIC IS ALL SCRAP! I don't intend to get rich, but I am saving up for a lap-top so the cash will help. AND, I've got a couple chance auctions to donate to, as well as I've given some to family and friends so far.
    U N T I E

Power Poster
    I did the easy tissue holder from QB last year for a craft show last year and sold about 15 at $1.50 ea. This year I will be doing the ones from the little shirt pattern. They are so cute but they will be more money so I will see how many I sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I did the easy tissue holder from QB last year for a craft show last year and sold about 15 at $1.50 ea. This year I will be doing the ones from the little shirt pattern. They are so cute but they will be more money so I will see how many I sell.

$1.50 seems quite reasonable for the easy ones!
    U N T I E

Depends where you are. I think that $1.50 is away too low for anywhere these days. Don't undervalue your work. It takes time to cut, press, sew.

Blog Entries
    Little shirt pattern????? Sounds interesting...is it a pattern you bought? if so where...is it hard or really time consuming to make. I do craft sales in fall and this might be of interest.

Super super easy tissue holder

This is the one I've used. Very easy & cute!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast