Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 17 yards of batik

i used batiks in a d9p. the larger pieces showcase the fabric quite nicely.

I made an all-batik in the "It's Good To Be Square" pattern. Great showcase for the fabrics. Bought the pattern from Keepsake for $9 and the next week , bought a mag. and there it was, different name, same quilt. I was not a happy quilter.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

I just saw this posted here on the QB. I plan on using the same pattern with some batiks my daughter brought me from Alaska.

Bear Paw Batik Quilted By Becky
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    I have made a couple of batik tops. I love both, and I think the most outstanding is a sampler quilt with a beige/peach batik background and sashing, with thin aqua strips as connector bars in the sashing.
    Stephanie in Mena

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    I found a good buy on blue and white batiks and bought a bunch and then had to decide what to do with them and decided on a snowball block so the white moda snow fabric I had looked great with the batiks!
    quilting with my dogs

i Am not a scappy person, but just learned to do the New York Beauty. I did it in an "organized" fashion, but now I'm collecting batiks to do another. They are just beautiful with them! In out block of the month section there are pictures and a pattern right now available. There are a lot of easy methods out there of you are not a paper piercer!

You might also consider a shadow box pattern. It allows you to show off the batik's colors.

I've been working on a "Pineapple Blossom" design for mmmmm maybe 3 years. It's done with white and all colors of batiks. I just looked up the pineapple block and this one starts with the white. The picture is beautiful. I got the pictures from this board but can't locate it again. Good thing I printed it out at the time. I'm planning on getting back to it on our next retreat the first part of Nov. I get way to many ideas from here. That's my trouble. Love this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
    I purchased a total of +- 17 yards of batik mostly fat quarters and some fat eights from eBay. The colors are blues, greens, pinks, oranges and multicolored pieces with yellow on them. They started arriving yesterday and now I am am looking for ideas for a quilt. I would like to showcase the fabric, so I do not want to cut the fabric too much and I am looking for suggestions. This will be for my bedroom. Thanks a lot!
    With So Much fabric! I would Think about Doing a Reversible Quilt! Just pick TWO Patterns You Love Make them one on Each side!
    May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast