Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 18" Tin Lizzie or 24" Handi Quilter?

I have tested both machines and if I could afford it I would go with the Fusion. It moved like butter. Ann in TN

Thanks to everyone for your help! And you truly did help...we just got off the phone with my LQS where I just purchased a demo - 24" Fusion Handi Quilter complete with a 12' frame! I pick her up on Tuesday!

Congratulations! You are going to love it!

Woohoo! enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in FL View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your help! And you truly did help...we just got off the phone with my LQS where I just purchased a demo - 24" Fusion Handi Quilter complete with a 12' frame! I pick her up on Tuesday!
    Anna Quilts

Congratulations! I would love to hear about your experiences learning to use it. I'm considering purchasing one but I'm scared of the learning curve.

Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    The largest I have done so far was a 110" bargello. I admit, it was a bit large to load by myself, but, I did it and had it quilted all in a matter of about 8 hrs(including interruptions and a coffee break). Now that I am familiar with the Lizzie, I don't struggle at all. I have three steps before I even start and it works well. Clean and oil machine. Wind bobbins, and check/double check bobbin tensions. Have lots of tunes playing in the background and have FUN.
    Quilting is my PASSION not my pass time.
    If Your DREAMS don"t Scare You...Then They Are NOT Big Enough!!!Dare to DREAM!

www.quilterella.ca

HQ Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in FL View Post
    Is a 18" x 8" longarm enough to do any quilt with a 12' frame? My wonderful husband has narrowed it down to this or a 24" x 9" Fusion Handi Quilter with a 12' frame. I would love the larger machine but the price makes me want the Tin Lizzie. We are looking at used ones - pros and cons to both - the biggest being about $3000 price difference. My husband doesn't want me to need to upgrade in a couple of years but is the 24" overkill? Can you easily do what you need to on a large size king quilt with an 18" x 8"? Assume most of the time it will be cotton batting in my quilts....I really need help before taking the final step.
    I just updated from HQ 16 to the Fusion in July. Best decision ever. It is so smooth. I also purchased the Pro-Stitcher which is so easy to use. I previously had the HQ16 with Qbot. Loved that set-up, too, but the new one is sooooo superior.

I pm'd you, but after reading I see you made your purchase. Enjoy. Learning to LA is a great deal of fun. So relax and enjoy the ride!
    Sue
    Enjoy The Art!
    Sue ~Only Adding to the beauty you have already created~
    http://suezquilts.com/ http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sue...45597315486041

The only way you will be completely happy with your choice is to try them out. It's like buying a car with test driving. Both have nice features.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2