Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2013 Quilting Goals >

2013 Quilting Goals

2013 Quilting Goals

Old 04-11-2013, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
My goals as I set them:
1) Halloween piece work (a embroidered quilt with halloween theme - quite involved surface embroidery)
2) Quilts of Valor (2 - have one cut)
3) Japanese circle quilt
4) Row Robin (a swap here on QB)
5) Pillowcase dresses (I make these for the children in the Phillippines)
6) Buttrefly quilt (I embroidered 9 butterfly squares -- need to make them into a quilt. Fabric has been on back order for 3 weeks. Maybe I won't get this done!!)
7) Friendship quilt (blocks done, need to finish, then quilt)
8) Cross stitch birds (I have 2 cross stitch bird patterns started, need to put time into the stitching to finish) and
9) quilt swap (another swap here on the board)
Well, I'm still working ont he Halloweel quilt - it has lots of embroidery work and I just keep plugging away. I've done two Quilts of Valor and have a 3rd cut. This one is a more complicated pattern and will take some time. My Japanese circle quilt ended up having a pattern change and is finished. Will try to find picture and post. The row robin is still in progress. I anticipate getting the next row next month and will work on that when it comes. Haven't done anything on my cross stitch birds, so fell down there. The quilt swap is finished and am working ont he binding. Will post picture when that is done. Have pillowcase dresses in progress, always working on one or two and the butterfly quilt is sitting patiently waiting to have something done with it. One day. Oh, well, I'm planning a personal quilt retreat this weekend and will start in the early a.m. and hopefully work all day Friday and then Saturday and get some good things accomplished.
Vanogay, I'm so sorry! My brain immediately deleted everything I'd read after it took in the phrase "personal quilt retreat!" What a GREAT idea! Thank you!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:47 AM

HI Scraplady....love the anniversary quilt....today is my 41st anniversary....and yes, he's finally put a little gray in my hair. I wondered about the pattern...who makes it...where I could find it? I revisited this thread today since I posted in it December 2012....I sure hope I'm NOT THE ONLY ONE who has fallen short of my goals....

Blessings...
Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 AM

I made a to do list for 2013. Forgot all about it, then came across it and discovered that I had already done two of them. One was to do embroidery on a jacket for my daughter and the other was to put quilt squares together that my MIL gave me from her MIL. Now to add to the list and get busy.