Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Oh Jacki - I just love how the black makes your blocks sing. Any child will love this quilt!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I am finally joining the rows with sashing. Trying something a little different this time, and only sashing the tops and bottoms to make the rows come out equally in ht. Here are a couple photos of the first two rows of the king size tshirt quilt that has been my nemesis since last spring!! Smilessss.........and huggggggs.......Name:  far right of row 1 and 2.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  190.8 KB
    Name:  rows 1 and 2.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  174.5 KB
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

wildyard--that is one big quilt! I like your stripe sashing choice....amazing how you have it lined up!

You are all so nice to me! Thank you. It's really encouraging. Regards Jacki

Blog Entries
    That scrap quilt is nice. i like it. Makes for a great way to use up those scraps and orphan blocks. Hmmmm, thinking here.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Wildyard do you have a love / hate relationship going with that UFO? I think you are starting to win! Keep it up.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Ok task masters...what's on the list?

Next up is a fabulous applique quilt made and quilted by QuilterMomma. I picked it up from her last year (1 less UFO for her, 1 more for me...as if I didn't have enough already).

Yes ladies, it's even more stunning in person! I wanted something burgundy to bind with, but it needed blue in it to complement the back. The blue is perfect! The burgundy is more red but I think it will work for a 1/4" binding. I plan to get it bound and call it finished for March.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Fraew; 02-19-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Fraew - definitely like the red for the binding.

Well looks like I'm not going to have any actual finishes this month, but I feel really good about the progress I've made on getting several projects from one division of the UFO pile to the next. Only have one set of blocks left that don't have sashing and that is the group that I was planning to try learning how to do QAYG! Of course I now have a larger stack of tops that haven't been sandwiched or quilted. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    Fraew - definitely like the red for the binding.

Well looks like I'm not going to have any actual finishes this month, but I feel really good about the progress I've made on getting several projects from one division of the UFO pile to the next. Only have one set of blocks left that don't have sashing and that is the group that I was planning to try learning how to do QAYG! Of course I now have a larger stack of tops that haven't been sandwiched or quilted. LOL!
    One step at a time & you'll get there soon enough!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Here is my scrappy pinwheel quilt. I have been working on it since 2009. Just got it back from the LAQ two days ago; have binding cut out and just need to trim edges and get it sewn on. These are my colors...wild! Will also attach a picture of the backing. It came out nice, too. By next week, I should have it mark as "finished!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast