Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    I like that nanna, it looks so cozy. Glad you finished it and love that outer border. What a great way to use those fabric pieces up. And that poor boy just wants to lay on your wonderful work.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Thanks Fraew and QM. I'm still trying to decide what fabric to use for the back. I'd been collecting oriental fabric for this quilt for quite a while but only had small pieces. ... just enough for the piano key border. I may have to go fabric shopping...... oh no!
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

I had to dig deep to find this thread!

I've been using this UFO as my leader/ender project this month. I'm interested in feedback as to the different layouts in my picture... while I like them both I have a definite favorite but I'm curious what other quilters think. Which one is your favorite and why? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Asimpleife: First, love the colors. My favorite is B, its kind of hard to believe it is the same set of blocks. B has a stonger visual impact with more and larger areas of contrast.

Well, I like the one on the left the best..... just makes my eye settle.... at peace. But both are lovely.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

asimplelife--I like both arrangements of blocks. Initially I was thinking "B" because of the contrast, but I think "A" would be my finial choice since it blends together so well...I guess you'll just have to decide if you want defined lines or not.

I last week I got 3 table runners quilted and binding on. So working on sewing binding down now.

I like "A" the best.

I always like when quilters are asked for their opinons. There is always a full range of answers. For me B spoke so strongly to me the answer was "obvious". LOL

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! I am drawn to A too which is odd because I normally go for a diagonal secondary pattern every time.

Layout B really plays on value - which I really needed to pay more attention to in my construction as several of these blocks are too muddled. When I look at B too long all I see are the blocks I'd need to take out! But I love the "argyle" effect.

So for this set of blocks it will be A - but I want to try B in the future. Good thing I've got bins of 5" charms ready to play with!

Blog Entries
    Sometimes I think how we like an arrangement is related to how our brains think. Personally I think very symmetrically--everything evenly balanced and am drawn to those kind of settings. I tend to "see" that balance in my quilting. I work have to work hard to get out of that box. I like "B" because of it's symmetrical balance. Good thing you've got some charms to play with!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 ... LastLast