Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

My niece has been learning to quilt. She surfs Pinterest a lot for inspiration. What has drawn her are the variety if ways she can do HST. She would love both your quilts. For a more modern effect B is actually the one she's made. Very random HST with no thought to colors touching it triangle directions. Here is the teal throw she made first. The second is her new triangle project. I think my point is....they're both great!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image   
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t243923.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Everyone is doing such a great job. The projects are just beautiful.

Blog Entries
    So from a longarm quilters view point, B is more fun because I see those stars floating around in there and then if you added quilting to emphasize them you would see them even more and then to quilt in a diagonal way in the light versus the dark for play with the quilting. Yep, B would be more fun for me.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Sheri, those are some striking HST projects. She is doing quite well.

asimplelife, I very much prefer A because those larger areas of light squares in B are very jarring to my eye and I like the smaller ones in A.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Well, I have had a lot of things getting in the way of my UFOs, but I thought I'd show you all that I am making some progress. This is my DH's 40th anniversary quilt, we just had our 41st. LOL. He is so understanding and patient, bless his heart. I am having my left knee replaced on Oct. 3rd (had the right done in March) and I am determined to finish his quilt before the surgery!!!!! I have most of the top done, just one small block to do. It was to be a USNavy square, but I've lost mine, so now I have to find a substitute. For those of you who weren't around last year when I started it, I made the Miata, the binoculars, and the American Bittern without having a clue what I was doing. LOL
    You can see the bittern on the bottom left.
    Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images     Click to view large image 
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

What a great collage! Love the way the bird works with the blue fabric. Just goes to prove jumping into the deep end of the pool sometimes pays-off.
    Good luck with the surgery. At least having gone through it once you know what to expect.

Blog Entries
    What a great challenge Linda. Hope surgery goes well once more.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    So what else needs done on it? A wood fabric would be great for the frame so it would be a wonderful collage in the center of the frame.

SheriR - love those quilts! I love the random layout (think I might be getting better at appreciating random!) and love how the yellow triangles are scattered about.

wildyard - Beautiful projects! Good luck with your knee replacement... my Mom is having hers done on the 10th and I'll helping her out for awhile.

Getting this oldest of old UFOs to finally be a flimsy has made my day! I started this one in 2002 a few months after my beginning quilting class. I saw it made up in a quilt shop on my way home from Minneapolis and fell in love with it - bought the kit of 2.5" strips and worked on it during March Madness that year.

Then a few blocks here and there... then I started assembling it last winter and it stalled again. It will be custom quilted and now I can't wait to give it a good press and thread trimming so I can get it in the mail!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 ... LastLast