Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • 3 more Quilt 4 Kids kits >
  • 3 more Quilt 4 Kids kits

• 3 more Quilt 4 Kids kits

Old 03-14-2011, 12:59 PM
    Power Poster

I always have too many going at the same time!
    Old 03-15-2011, 11:58 AM

Quilts for Kids...
    Why are we being so fussy about them? I did two of their kits and they were fine. I didn't bother measuring each piece, just put it all together. There is no prize for the perfect quilt here. the prize is knowing some child with a much bigger problem has a quilt to cuddle with.
    I wasn't crazy about the color or prints of the the first kit I got, but put it together anyway. then I went out and bought a whole bunch of fabric at 50% - 75% off when a local WalMart eliminated their fabric dept. to make Quilts for Kids. It really isn't worth stressing out over.
    Old 03-15-2011, 01:51 PM

I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing well. Just because these are charity quilts doesn't mean that they should be slapped together any old way. The pieces that I was sent were so badly cut that nothing would match up and no amount of quilting would have made them look good. I think the children deserve better than that. I could easily handle working with colors and fabrics I disliked because the kids would probably love them.
    Old 03-15-2011, 02:10 PM

I had to resize my pieces too. The options were to cut pieces down, or go out and purchase replacement fabric.

As I am not close to LQS and was unable to get out, I re-cut. The problem was that one of the 3 1/2" strips was only 3".

If this were to happen again, I would just set it aside to replace the fabric.

They have volunteers do the cutting and I am sure they just looked at the ruler wrong. Human mistake. I have done the same thing.

Jean in MI