Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 365 Day Quilt Project

Wow!! What a great community here, I am a member of about 25 boards online for every hobby I am interested in, but I never really thought to look for quilting boards until today!! I cannot WAIT to look at all the posts here and hopefully get involved. I have been quilting on and off for 10 years though I only have about 6 completed projects to show for it!! :)

My newest project though is a 365 Day Quilt project, you basically journal on one block a day for 365 days, then sew it all up into a quilt. I am blogging about my journey here: http://scrapendipitydesigns.blogspot.com/ if anyone wants to see my take on this project.

Has anyone tried this crazy project? Or does anyone want to? I think it makes it easier to stay committed to this type of thing if you have others with you pushing you along!

Thanks for the great community here!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    25 boards?!?!? If they are as great as this one, I don't know when you have time to sleep. This place is addicting!

Hope you enjoy it here.

Hehe, well I'm certainly not active on them all :) And this looks like a pretty hopping place, so hopefully I can keep up!! :) :)

Cheers!
    Rachel

that is a really good idea, i can't wait to see the finished product :thumbup: :-)

Hey, I think I like the 365 block journal. How big are the blocks? With 365 I can't imagine their being TOO big? But they need to be big enough to write on legibly.

Welcome to the board Rachel-you will love it here.
    How big are your blocks? This is such an awesome idea-I may just have to try it!
    Hugs
    April

Welcome, glad you joined us. This is the best place for sure. Good luck with your 365 Day quilt project.

I am going to put up the details of my pattern on my blog today, but I have my journaling squares finishing at 4.5 inches and I will probably have 1/2 inch black sashing to make it look kind of like a window. The person I originally got this idea from (she did it in 2007) had rectangles that were 3.5 inches wide I believe. I wanted to make a King size quilt though, so I made mine bigger. I have some tips on the actual writing on the blocks part up on my blog and I also have a flickr group set up (linked from my blog) so people crazy enough to try this project can share tips, ideas, and encouragement. :)

Cheers!
    Rachel

Oh and thank you for the warm welcome!! I am already learning so much from all the posts around here!! :)

Rachel

Very interesting please keep us posted.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast