Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: 4 inch squares

Or - if you really want to know what to do with them - you could just send them to me and forget about them. Ha
    Dodee

Quote Originally Posted by Granchris View Post
    Go to this link http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.com/tutorials/. She has some great quilts for small blocks. You can use MSQ and turn then into lots of 4 patches then use them in one of her quilts.
    WOW!! There are some fantastic ideas here. Thanks for sharing the link!

Quote Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
    I inherited a large box of 4 inch squares a few weeks ago. I have sewn some into a scrappy top about 66 by 58 and still have over half a box more. I don't want to just sew blocks together...kinda bored with that. I would like to have some suggestions of patterns or something creative to do with some of the rest of them. There are as few as a single square to some that have about 10 or 12 matching squares.
    When anybody asks me what to do with Charm Squares etc. I reply with one one D9P http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.co.uk/200...-tutorial.html

Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    My sister took a bunch of 4" squares and sewed them into a 44x72" top but instead of a quilt she made a beautiful lined jacket out of it.. She used white flannel for the lining and a simple Simplicity pattern. It is adorable ...I loved it! She wouldn't let me have it...had the nerve to tell me to make my own!

Your sister sounds like mine!

Blog Entries
    I see Bear Paws!
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Making double four square blocks might work.. tried to add picture didn't work fast block
    Fredwtb3........ Friendship and Love is the only cement that will ever hold this world together.

Arkansas Crossroads. There's one version on Bonnie Hunter's site http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/...h-of-july.html with instructions, and you can use any combination of scrappy squares in this quilt as long as your 4 patches have light and dark contrast and you pick one unifying fabric for the larger squares (the ones that are white in the Quiltville version). Do a Google image search for Arkansas Crossroads quilts to see many examples.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

check Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site. she has lots of free patterns. Here is the link: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/free-patterns.html that is just the page for the free pattens. she has lots of other info too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3