Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Patch Stacked Posies

Blog Entries

4 Patch Stacked Posies

I have the pattern and beautiful fabric. But, I'm afraid to start it. I'm afraid I'll goof up when I cut it out.

Help kick my butt in gear!!
    Dorian

If you've met one child with Autism, you've met ONE child with Autism.

Blog Entries
    Ohhh, you HAVE to get it started, the absolute best part is putting the parts together and seeing what the block will look like! It's like opening Christmas presents!

I went to a quilt retreat recently where this style of quilt was the unofficial theme of the retreat. About 5 of us decided to make one, and when we got to the point of putting the blocks together, EVERYONE stopped what they were doing and came over to help and watch! It was so much fun seeing how everyone's choice of fabrics made such different and beautiful blocks!

There - does that help? lol

Okay, what if you mess up on cutting something out? Is that so terrible? Wouldn't it be worse to let that beautiful fabric go to waste by never making anything out of it?

I made the stacked posies supreme once and it was fun to do. The cutting isn't that hard and the resulting patterns are fun to see.

Okay, put on your quilter undies and just jump in and start cutting. Of course follow directions and be careful cutting, but, just do it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I know you can do it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I have the same ailment. I have had the pattern and this beautiful material. I just can't get up the nerve to start so I will be watching this with great interest. Maybe we both can find a cure
    Sewflower

Blog Entries
    You can do this! You KNOW you can! Now start those positive mental thoughts going and stack up that beautiful fabric. You deserve all the compliments you will get. Keep us posted
    Sue

Blog Entries
    take some other fabric that might work and cut that and make up a few blocks first. it really is easy. i did one without the pattern. i ended up selling the pattern later.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Does anyone know of a free 4 patch stacked free pattern on the web?

Power Poster
    You will love it! It is so fun to see all the different patterns that come out of one fabric. You are only stacking 4 repeats so it is easier than OBW. There are 2 different ways to cut your 4 patches.... corner to corner triangle cuts make bias edges (yuck), so I stick to the simpler four squares. What can go wrong? If you mess up a set, they go into the scrap bin to be part of another quilt. You can do this and you will be so glad you did!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mucky View Post
    Does anyone know of a free 4 patch stacked free pattern on the web?
    I haven't made the 4-patch posy pattern, but I have made one with this free pattern, and I'm told they're pretty much the same concept.

http://www.robertkaufman.com/quiltin...ntine_fantasy/

click on "download more info" that is to the right of the picture.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast