Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 45 degree angle cut?

Jan is very good at this sort of thing. I need pictures and words to assemble anything. Lots of directions are just pictures now days and I am sometimes lost, I need the words also.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I design my own graphics in Microsoft Paint on the computer. I've been using it for many years so find it rather easy, but the original learning curve was the pits for a self learner! I haven't owned a computer quilt design program since the early days of EQ. Paint is somewhat limiting, but it serves my purpose well, for free.

Thanks for asking.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Jan---How about a book?

Quote Originally Posted by Ioftheneedle View Post
    Jan---How about a book?
    I'm making my own book call "Jan's advice." I print out almost everything she has to say that I need to hear. Thanks Jan for your generosity in sharing all your great Knowledge. Now I'm going to look for those patterns she was talking about.

Jan, You give the best answers on here for all of us to share. Keep up the good work. Happy Quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by eagereeyore View Post
    I have a pattern for Pacific Rim quilt from Jinny Beyer and I am starting it again because I screwed up the first time. I am needing help to cut at a 45 degree angle. The direction states "Trim the far left of set at a precise 45 degree angle (which I have done)". This is where I am confused "Cut four strips 3"wide" also at the 45 degree angle, oh I need help PLEASE!
    Make your 45 degree cut on the left side, then flip that cut so it's on the right side, now make your 3" wide cuts. Have fun!
    Love 4 stchen

I agree, Jan is awesome ! Obviously she believes in the KISS principle - Keep It Simple Sweetie !!
    Dance like no one is watching

I just thought the same thing, Jan in VA has such a logical mind. She immediately recognizes how to graph it out for easier comprehension. She is also generous with her time to actually plot it out. Jan, you are a natural teacher.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    This visual might help.

Jan in VA
    Jan: Don't know if anyone has told you lately: thanks for all your explainations/visuals. It helps tremendously especially to those of us on the board who are umm challenged shall we say ? LOL OKay I meant me !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    This visual might help.

Jan in VA
    Oh Jan, you are always so helpful. Wish I lived near you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast