Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-6 Thousand Dollars to SPEND

5-6 Thousand Dollars to SPEND

I have 5-6 thousand dollars to purchase a new quilt machine and frame...........I want to purchase something soon.HELP........what do you recommend......my husband says get what i want......

I have no idea what to tell you except you have a wonderful husband!

I recommend getting the largest throat you can for your money, and stitch regulation, horizontal and vertical channel locks, if possible. I would look at some used machines to get the most bang for your buck. Go to a big quilt show and try test drive them all, as well.

Blog Entries
    Check out the homequiltingsystems group on groups.yahoo.com . This is a large, active group of quilters with a wide variety of quilting setups. You should be able to get some good advice on combinations to research within your price range.

Blog Entries
    I started out with a gammill primer and moved to a classic both were used first one was $5,000 Loved them both.

Thanks for all of your advice...........

I might try to buy something used from the big names...your dollar would go farther. I agree..largest throat and best stitch regulator you can afford. You can check longarm university for used machines as well as the dealers websites for used/demo machines...
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

Blog Entries
    Hi Susie,
    I have just bought a second hand APQS Lenni with a 10' table and hydraulics direct from APQS. I love my Lenni and have got on like a house on fire with it. I paid 9,000.00 so I think that will be within you $ range. I had to pay a lot in shipping to the UK but it was worth every penny. I used to have a Nolting Hobby Quilter with a table top frame, nice machine but no stitch regulator and I could not get on with it. When this Lenni came up I jumped for it and have not looked back.
    Good luck in your quest.
    Jenny

Thanks Gings & Xtgirl, I have been looking on line all weekend.I have spoken to a APQS dealer and will demo on this week..

Did you check out the apqs forum...lots of nice people there who are willing to help regardless of what machine you own. Also check out mqresource which is another great forum for longarm info. Best of luck!
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast