Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 5 weeks too long to have sewing machine in repair shop

I accidently broke the prong on the inside of my sewing machine that plugs into my electrical cord. I have a Husqvarna Viking Emeral 203. I took my sewing machine back to JoAnn Fabric where I bought it and they sent it out to a certified Viking repairman. I am told his repairman is the only one in the whole area of Columbus, Ohiothat is cerified. He runs a one man shop and is gone from there half the time due to "family problems". I am truly sorry this man has "family problems" but I am livid that I don't have my sewing machine back. How long is too long to have a sewing machine in a repair shop? And what would you do in my situation?

They need to find someone to help this poor repairman out until he solves his "family problems". This is terrible customer service...

Blog Entries
    I would write to JoAnn's head office and also to Viking ...they should ensure that service is available for their products...in my opinion 5 weeks is way too long...you need to call Viking and find someone else...

Power Poster
    Do you have a secondary machine to use while you wait? If not, I would be calling the shop or the Viking dealer once a day. Christmas is coming and you need a machine.

Yes it is too long imho....i would go pick it up asap and try to find someone else and don't pay him for anything.

I agree...toooo long to wait. Follow-up with Jo-ann's and Viking. I waited 2 months and was given way to many excuses.

I got mine back in 3 days where I left it.

That seems wa-a-ay too long to me. I would contact Viking and find out if it is true that this is the only certified repairman in the vicinity. If so, explain the situation and see what they would suggest. Five weeks without my best machine would cause sanity issues!

Blog Entries
    Yes, it's too long! I had my embroidery machine in the shop from Nov til Jan several years ago. I was frantic!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't be so patient now.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely too long! They should offer to either send to another district for repair or replace your machine! I would be hopping mad by now!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast