Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
75+ and using computer and quilting >

75+ and using computer and quilting

75+ and using computer and quilting

Old 08-08-2011, 10:18 AM

I am nearly 75 and I quilt use computer we are not dead yet haha
Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 AM

I just turned 85 and doing both....I feel so privileged to be enjoying good health, and a good life.

Gigix12
Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 AM

I am 75 and do use the computer. However, the kids got me a really difficult cell phone which did everything but whistle "Dixie." I turned it back in and got a much simpler one, but I am still having trouble with it because the directions are so vague! Maybe I'll learn it one day. I try to learn something new each and every day and I intend to exit this world kicking and screaming. I also swim 3 days a week for 45 minutes, do Pilates and do Silver Sneakers and maintain a garden in addition to my quilting.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 AM

Ramona, you say it so well!! So many people think I too should be looking for another man since my hubby died for they can't seem to understand that this time in life is so freeing and we don't need a man to lean on. You go gal!!!!

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I'll be 78 next month, and again I'm asking my kids for either a new Anti virus protection for my computer, a new Glock, or sky diving treat. Or maybe a hot air balloon ride. But most of the time my wildest actions are either trying to cut down that @%$^& Albizzia tree and it's decendenats, or going hiking in Yosemite Valley just a few miles by myself. Since my DH's been gone for over 4 years, friends and family have introduced me to several men...they have all been feeble old coots who can't keep up with me. They all seem to want one of two things. A 22 year old blonde bimbo on one arm, or else they want a life long nurse maid and I could look like I wore a mop on my head and pasted on Mr. Potato head features for all the attention they pay me...

I'm liking my life up to now, and hope it doesn't change that much. Got too much fabric that needs cutting apart and sewed back together and I want to paint the kitchen and.....
Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 AM

I am 85 plus and couldn't live without my computer. I do writing of memoirs and genealogy on it as well as email and Internet. I quilt, of course, and enjoy this web site and the exchange of ideas and the quilt pictures.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:44 AM

"m also 82 and quilting and using computer every day.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:46 AM

I'll be 78 next month, and again I'm asking my kids for either a new Anti virus protection for my computer, a new Glock, or sky diving treat. Or maybe a hot air balloon ride. But most of the time my wildest actions are either trying to cut down that @%$^& Albizzia tree and it's decendenats, or going hiking in Yosemite Valley just a few miles by myself. Since my DH's been gone for over 4 years, friends and family have introduced me to several men...they have all been feeble old coots who can't keep up with me. They all seem to want one of two things. A 22 year old blonde bimbo on one arm, or else they want a life long nurse maid and I could look like I wore a mop on my head and pasted on Mr. Potato head features for all the attention they pay me...

I'm liking my life up to now, and hope it doesn't change that much. Got too much fabric that needs cutting apart and sewed back together and I want to paint the kitchen and.....
I say Amen to your wonderful note. I am almost your neighbor and live in Pleasant Hill CA and live alone (with a supervisor, THE CAT!) and love it. But I am your senior at 85 but still really active. Garden, paint, quilt, volunteer, write memoirs and drive anywhere. keep it up! Love to you and to the good life.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:13 AM

Love your post!!! lol
Old 08-08-2011, 11:28 AM

I'm 78 and still going strong! Sewing, computering, cooking. No outside work anymore but I'm not ready to quit yet!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 AM

I am 80 and had computer since 1995 about sixteen years do not think i could do with out it now am still learning quilting did crochet for years you never get to old to learn I try to learn something new but still use sizzors to cut really happy I found this board I check it out every day every one here so helpfull and nice