Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 things I would like to thank the Quilting Board for .....

Blog Entries
    And a big thanks to the moderators who keep the board running smoothly, who put up with all our complaints at the beginning with the new forum (which turned out to be much better I might add ... change is SO hard) and who keep us all in line!

DITTO....DITTO....DITTO..... It was a great day when i found this Board !! There's lots of unpleasant "stuff" out there in the world....but coming here to the Board...seeing the beauty that's being created ... sharing ideas, tips, trucks....getting support...laughing.... sometimes crying.... it's a great community of wonderful folks. So thank you one and all.
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

I am new to quilting (took classes last Mar) & I, too, have a great appreciation for all of you. Each time I log in (everyday) I learn new things. We are full-time RV'ers so I don't have a LQS (every store is a LQS for me !) or friend to share things with so I rely on input from this Board. Thanks.

Deborahlees said, Can I add to your list ???? 9) Elmers school glue for basting a quilt together
    [QUOTE=carslo;5571073]I have been reading about this one but just haven't taken the bull by the horns to try it. Do you like it?[/
    QUOTE]

I use the elmers all the time & I simply love it.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Blog Entries
    I for one have learned a lot and continue to learn, if you are reading this then YOU are awsome! I have also had the chain-reaction learning where something someone does or says triggers another thought/idea that I never would have thought of on my own. The quilts here are outstanding. Because of the techniques I have learned I am proud of the things I make and realize they don't have to be perfect to be loved. Like others I start my day or relax after work with all of you, thanks to the funny post that give you that chuckle, Ditter43 comes to mind but I know there are others as well, sometimes its just the way things are written. what a great group of caring people and I'm glad to be a part of. Thanks to the moderators that keep this a positive place to be. open 24/7 what could be better?
    ​We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone.

I sooooo agree!

Yes--I am thankful for the Quilting Board too. I've learned so many things.
    Jean

I also have to chime in. Ditto to what all of the other posters have said. The QB is the best. I have made so many virtual friends and one very best friend on the QB. Every day I am so inspired by all of the wonderful quilts that are shared, the quilting hints. Oh, I could go on and on.
    Sweet Caroline

Amen to all of the above. I don't have any quilting friends around me either, so you guys are all my quilting friends. I like the fact that I can ask a question about fabric, quilting, a vintage machine or something totally off the wall, and I get so many answers. Thanks to all of y'all, and many, many thanks for the QB!

Blog Entries
    I constantly learn and am amazing at the loving remarks and encouragement so freely offered. That is the most wonderful part of the fourm. The rest is the cake under that icing. (Gosh...hope that made sense)
    "Greater is He that is in me, then he that is in the world"

www.dollsforverysickkids.com

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast