Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
9 or 10 Degree Wedge Ruler- 25" >

9 or 10 Degree Wedge Ruler- 25"

9 or 10 Degree Wedge Ruler- 25"

Old 10-28-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by lynn7448
Does anyone know the dimensions to make a template out of cardboard for either or both of these rulers. The Spicy Spiral Table runner is awesome, but I can't afford the ruler along with the pattern to make it. Someone on this forum had mentioned the template out of cardboard and I thought that might be a viable option.
I have taken cardboard templates into my local Ace Hardware store and had them cut them out of plexiglass for me. I had two of them done the other day and it cost me $3 - - way better price than ordering from a quilt shop.....and for me better than cardboard
Old 10-29-2010, 05:16 AM

yes a 50 inn. circle 1fourth of circle will divide down to 10 9 in. wedges
Old 12-06-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by laughingquilter
I have taken cardboard templates into my local Ace Hardware store and had them cut them out of plexiglass for me. I had two of them done the other day and it cost me $3 - - way better price than ordering from a quilt shop.....and for me better than cardboard
I think I need to make a trip to the local hardware stores and see if they can cut one for me.... We don't have an Ace here in town... I wonder if Home Depot or Lowes would do it or maybe a glass supply store... ponder ponder ponder...
Old 12-06-2010, 03:57 PM

I think it so frustrating to have to buy the specially sized rulers. I had been looking at pattern for fall table topper and finally bought it without reading the fine print. Turned out that I had to have a 60 degree ruler. I wouldn't have bought it if I had seen that. So now my little table topper cost me probably $30 with fabric and ruler. Plus, I really didn't like using it. I would rather just have the measurements. I'm glad some of you can figure out the math and make templates, I tried but I'm not so good with math.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 AM

I found an awesome thing online the other day.... and I am just now getting to post it here...!
Hancock Fabrics has a quilt pattern called Poppies and it has a wedge ruler template in it! I thought that I'd share it with you all :)

http://projects.hancockfabrics.com/H...temsPerPage=16
Old 02-20-2011, 10:02 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-101407-1.htm
Old 11-20-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by laughingquilter View Post
But aren't there other lines on the ruler?? I saw another tree skirt someone on this board had made and she used this same ruler, by Marily Doheny. But its expensive and shipping puts its over the top.
So I did the same thing and went to our local Ace, and they laughed at me, sooooo I said, Well your commercial is wrong, because you are nothe the Helpful Hardware Man, and walked out.
But I guess i could try Menards, they may cut plexi glass,
Old 11-20-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
I found an awesome thing online the other day.... and I am just now getting to post it here...!
Hancock Fabrics has a quilt pattern called Poppies and it has a wedge ruler template in it! I thought that I'd share it with you all :

http://projects.hancockfabrics.com/H...temsPerPage=16

This link doesn't work???
Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by laughingquilter View Post
I keep trying to get that done, obviously your helpful hardware man is nicer than the ones we have here, on the weekend i will try menards, home depot or lowes, i hope someone will cut this for me.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by craftymatt2 View Post
This link doesn't work???
It won't open for me either. Just says "site not avail".