Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: about the obw

  1. #1
    grannynan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11
    Is there a tutorial for the OBW??
    What kind of ruler do you use for this?
    I've been admiring the OBW quilts and would like to try one myself, so need a little help. THANKS!

  2. #2
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,233
    Member "cutebuns" has done a OBW tutorial in parts. You should be able to find it under her postings.

  3. #3
    MrsMoe4487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    298
    Yup there is a tute called tip type through the hexagons cutie style. ( http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35685-1.htm )
    Also I used the book " One Block Wonders" or "One Block Wonders Encore" by Maxine Rosenthal. Makes it very easy to understand.

    You need either a 60 degree triangle ruler..the one I use us called the super 60 clearview ruler by Sara Nephew. Or if you have a regular straight ruler with the 60 degree angle marks.

    They are very fun and addicting! Good luck!

  4. #4
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,108
    Blog Entries
    1
    Here is the class cutebuns taught us, it is the condensed version in a pdf format

    Cutebuns Condensed OBW Class
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-92503-1.htm

    Here are the links to the individual classes

    Cutebuns Tip Toe Through the Hexagon classes

    Fabric Choices
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35100-1.htm

    Cutting the Blocks
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35685-1.htm

    Assembling the Blocks
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36316-1.htm

    Layouts
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36954-1.htm

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mary M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    931
    Which book is best for the beginner? Thanks, Mary

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMoe4487
    Yup there is a tute called tip type through the hexagons cutie style. ( http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35685-1.htm )
    Also I used the book " One Block Wonders" or "One Block Wonders Encore" by Maxine Rosenthal. Makes it very easy to understand.

    You need either a 60 degree triangle ruler..the one I use us called the super 60 clearview ruler by Sara Nephew. Or if you have a regular straight ruler with the 60 degree angle marks.

    They are very fun and addicting! Good luck!

  6. #6
    MrsMoe4487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary M
    Which book is best for the beginner? Thanks, Mary

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMoe4487
    Yup there is a tute called tip type through the hexagons cutie style. ( http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35685-1.htm )
    Also I used the book " One Block Wonders" or "One Block Wonders Encore" by Maxine Rosenthal. Makes it very easy to understand.

    You need either a 60 degree triangle ruler..the one I use us called the super 60 clearview ruler by Sara Nephew. Or if you have a regular straight ruler with the 60 degree angle marks.

    They are very fun and addicting! Good luck!
    I got the "One Block Wonder" book...the first one and it explains everything. All the basics...how to pick out fabric, how much to get, and goes through all the steps you need to begin! Id start with that one

  7. #7
    grannynan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks amma and everyone for your help.
    I know it will be addictive as I have done the 4 patch stack & whack and love that one.
    Again thanks to all

  8. #8
    Senior Member sandraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    903
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have all three, and I IMO, Encore is the one to have.

  9. #9
    k3n
    k3n is offline
    Power Poster k3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    10,714
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sandraa
    I have all three, and I IMO, Encore is the one to have.
    I agree. :-D Also look here at the Topic List http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual_section_list.jsp for more information and a list of all the Pictures threads with members finished tops and quilts. :-D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.