Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ? about a Redeye

A friend of mine gave me a Redeye. I haven't got it cleaned up or tried it yet. The cabinet is in great shape, just needs a little cleaning. What I want to know is why everyone goes crazy over a Redeye? What is the difference between this machine and lets say a regular Singer in a cabinet? Is it just the decals or does it sew better? My machine can be used as a treadle, but also has a motor. Kinda nice you can go either way. Your thoughts?

Blog Entries
    love to see a photo of your Redeye

Really pretty decals! I am not sure about the sewing, maybe that is great too?

Blog Entries
    The Redeye (or Redhead, as some prefer) is popular because of the pretty decals. Without them, it's just a 66.
    Redeye decals also indicate the earlier 66 models...they were only produced until 1924.

Blog Entries
    it has beautiful decals.

'cause they're just so pretty!

Pat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    A friend of mine gave me a Redeye. I haven't got it cleaned up or tried it yet. The cabinet is in great shape, just needs a little cleaning. What I want to know is why everyone goes crazy over a Redeye? What is the difference between this machine and lets say a regular Singer in a cabinet? Is it just the decals or does it sew better? My machine can be used as a treadle, but also has a motor. Kinda nice you can go either way. Your thoughts?
    They also sew really well with a great straight stitch. they are easy to use. I have been piecing with one for years. They are easy to maintain.
    Glenn
    Glenn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    The Redeye (or Redhead, as some prefer) is popular because of the pretty decals. Without them, it's just a 66.
    Redeye decals also indicate the earlier 66 models...they were only produced until 1924.
    I have one and I didn't know they were only produced until 1924. Thanks for the info

Banned
    Blog Entries
    yep the decals..though I am not fond of them...some are crazy over those red dots..ehhehe

It was the beautiful decals that attracted me to a Red eye. The first time I saw a picture of one I knew that I was going to have one. It was my very first vintage machine.

This one is a different red eye that I found on CL. It has a hand crank instead of a treadle or motor.
    Name:  Attachment-274550.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  46.9 KB