Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ? About Rotary Blade Sharpeners

Kel

Cool ? About Rotary Blade Sharpeners

Has anyone used or own a Truecut Rotary Blade Sharpener? I have been looking at them on line and would like to know if anyone else might have one. What your likes and dislikes about it. Rotary blades are so expensive, if I can save some money by sharpening the used ones it would help save lots of $$. Thank you to anyone who may have some advise.
    Kel

Banned
    subject was lots of discussion here a few days ago. Look for it and you will get all the answers you want or need
    Bottom line is some do and some don't

My rotary blades are more likely to get nicked than go dull. I don't think the sharpeners will help in that situation.

I love mine. Extended the life of my blade x's 3. Im retired and sew at least 6 days a week, so mine really get a work out.

Love mine. It is the electric one. Small nicks can be removed with the coarser stones, then smooth with the finer ones. I just bought their 6 x 24 ruler, lrg square ruler and ergonomic cutter, hope I like them.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Silver Needle, where did you get your electric sharpener. I have a manual one and it has paid for itself several times over. But it does not take out the nicks. I have found that sharpening my blade before I notice that it is dull, really has extended the life of my blades. Wonderful invention!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.