Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ? about sullivans quilting spray

Has anyone ever used this to sandwich with? Does it gunk up your machine or stick to your needle? I'm used to using 505 but it is so expensive.

I've used a couple of brands.......the one I have now is June Taylor....didn't gunk up mine :D

I'm not sure if its Sullivan's, but I have used some sort of quilting spray before (I just remember it coming in a turquoise-ish colored can)---if its the kind Wal-Mart sells then it might be the same stuff. I don't recall having any problems with it gunking up the needle or sticking, but I didn't like using the stuff (just my personal preference, not saying its a bad product).

I use Sullivan's all the time and I've never had a problem with it gunking up my needle or my machine. I find it holds much better than 505, and seems to last longer.

Thank you so much! I just got a new machine and don't want to ruin it. :lol:

Blog Entries
    I use June Tailors. I got it from Wal-Mart. It takes very little to hold in place. The first time I used it, I got a little heavy with the spray, not sure how much to use, and I had a slightly sticky mess. :oops:
    Now, I just use a very light even spray, and have no problems with gumming the needle at all.

I've used Sullivan's, June Tailors and 505. They all work well, just spray lightly. My preference is 505, it is a lot more expensive. Occasionally my shop here in town will have a 30% of just about everything sale and I pick it up then. I much prefer spray basting over getting on my knees and pinning. I have not had a problem with my needle gunking up. Just be careful with overspray!

I've never used Sullivan's for quilting. But I use it all the time with stabilizers on my embroidery machine and I've never had any problem with it gunking up the needle or the machine.

That's my concern as I just got a new emb/sewing machine.

Thank you for your replies. :D