Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accessory Recommendations From Juki TL Owners Please? >

Accessory Recommendations From Juki TL Owners Please?

Accessory Recommendations From Juki TL Owners Please?

Old 09-12-2016, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

This has helped my so much. Love when I found mine
Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Judy, for piecing I use the 1/4 foot that came with the machine. Here is a photo of my set up for piecing with that foot and the T-bar guide. The guide does not have any markings on it, you just loosen the screw and slide it left or right for the seam width you want.
As for quilting, I don't FMQ (would love to learn, just have not practiced it), and only quilt with the walking foot. However I can get some pretty neat straight and wavy line and geometric designs with the walking foot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558081[/ATTACH]
Old 09-12-2016, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sailorwoman View Post
I have the Juki DX7 and one accessory that I did order separately was the large thread holder for cones since I had a lot of 40wt. quilting thread that wouldn't fit on the regular one. It is really quit pricey but I do like it. I also ordered the open-toed free motion foot which I am very pleased with.
Hi Sailor,

I also have the Juki DX7. I haven't yet ordered the large thread holder, but I did order the open-toed free motion foot, and I love it.

For the time being, I have a thread holder for cones that sits next to my machine.

I agree that some of the original Juki parts and accessories are quite expensive.

I love the DX7, and have been using combined decorative stitches on crazy quilt blocks.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:24 AM

Patricia Drew, I was looking at the Schamber non-hopping foot online. Looks like it has has a closed toe. If that’s the one you use, do you wish it had an open toe for FMQ?

Colorfulom, it’s good to know that you like the Juki modified hopping foot and don’t have any problems with it. Any idea which Janome walking foot you are using on the Janome? There are so many different ones!

Sailorwoman, I’m not sure, but I think the Juki TL series will accommodate the larger thread cones (could be wrong about that though). Which open-toed FMQ foot are you using?

Jeanne S and Tessagin, is that the “Juki Standard Presser Foot” shown in that photo with the seam guide? I’m still not really clear about which feet will come with my machine.

Thanks to you all for your continuing patience and kindness in giving this information to me – I’m so excited about my new Juki, and since I’m such a novice seamstress and quilter, I have way too many questions I’m sure. ;-)

Judy
Old 09-12-2016, 11:12 AM

I've had my 2010Q for quite some time now, and I've never bought any other feet or accessories for it, except for ordering the acrylic insert for my Gidget II table so the Juki would sit flush.

I did do a modification of that darned noisy clanking walking foot. I was doing a large quilt with lots of stitch-in-the-ditch and the noise was driving me bonkers! I took some photos and keep meaning to upload them here so others can see what I did. It's a very low-tech solution, involving shelf liner, but it worked! I'll try to remember to share it soon.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:45 AM

Donna I'd be very interested to learn more about your walking foot modification if you have the time and energy to tell me (us!) about it.

My 2000 doesn't come with all the feet that came standard with your 2010, which is why I'm wanting to learn what everyone finds most useful for piecing and quilting (straight line, SITD, FMQ ...). I want to buy the most useful items now, but there are so many out there that it's really hard to tell which are useful, what brands to buy, etc.

Thanks very much.

Judy
Old 09-12-2016, 12:14 PM

Yes, the presser foot in my photo is the standard 1/4" foot that came with the 2010---_the only extra that I added was the T-bar guide.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:28 PM

Judy, like Jeanne, I pretty much use only the standard foot and the FMQ foot with the larger opening. I tried that "compensating foot" when I first bought the machine but found that for some reason, it was throwing me off and making my seams wonky. So that one sits in the box... LOL. I'm going to try using the bar guide like Jeanne does. Right now I'm using one of the stick-on guides from Sew Steady, but sometimes I'd like something smaller that won't get in my way when I'm running at full speed down a jelly roll strip!

Edited to Add: Sorry, that seam guide is from "Sew Very Smooth" not Sew Steady. My bad. I have the whole set of sizes... bought them at a Sewing Expo a couple of years ago.

Last edited by DonnaC; 09-12-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Changed name of company
Old 09-12-2016, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by McGargantuette View Post
Colorfulom, it’s good to know that you like the Juki modified hopping foot and don’t have any problems with it. Any idea which Janome walking foot you are using on the Janome? There are so many different ones!
Here it is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-12-2016, 01:57 PM

Grrrr -- that's the exact walking foot I recently bought for my Janome, except with a low shank instead of the high shank that the Juki will need. So close and yet so far...
Thank you, colorfulom.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:58 PM

i don't know where you bought the machine but you might ask them to 'throw in' that T-bar guide. I bought my machine at the regional distributor and i asked for that and a bunch of bobbins. He threw it in along with 10 bobbins....I use the T-bar guide along with the compensating (quarter inch) foot and the QIAD 'sew straight' and finally get a good quarter inch seams.