Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Die Storage and how to transport >

Accuquilt Die Storage and how to transport

Accuquilt Die Storage and how to transport

Old 12-10-2013, 11:57 AM

Default Accuquilt Die Storage and how to transport

I am interested in ideas on how to store my dies and mats for my accuquilt Go Cutter. Also I would like to take it to quilt work days with my quilt friends and need ideas on how to safely carry the dies around in my car and into workplace. I want to take my 2 1/2" strip die but the case that Accuquilt sales just carries the cutter and not the longer dies.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:54 PM

For just at home storage I keep mine on a shelf in my book case, lined up so that the stickers showing what shape it is is facing out for easy retrieval ! I slip the mats in with the same size dies so the dies keep the mat flat ! My long strip dies are stood up between the side of the bookshelf and the wall and the long mat is hanging from a hook with my cutting mats. For travel I would make a long bag maybe with a strap that would fit the die and the mat ?
Old 12-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Power Poster

I've dropped my big dies on the pavement many times toting them back and forth. It hasn't hurt them. I put the smaller dies in a tote bag but just carry the longer dies as is. At home I have the Go racks and they hold all of them, even the long ones and don't tip over. Someone posted the plate racks at Walmart will work to hold the dies too. I bought one and it seems to work just fine.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

At home I use the go die racks, have not taken them out but I would not think it would hurt them if you are fairly careful with them.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:56 AM

I have the Studio and when I first got it, I put my hand between two of them to lift one up and the die cut down into my hand almost to the bone. Granted, the Studio dies are made from heavy wood and I should have thought ahead, but I'm just telling my story to remind you not to forget these are cutting instruments and to be careful handling them...