Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accuquilt GO cutter?

Accuquilt GO cutter?

I am looking at purchasing the GO cutter but wanted to ask you all a few questions first please.
    (1) if you have a GO do you really use it? In other words is it worth purchasing?
    (2) what dies do you use most?
    (3) if you have/had one and don't use it or sold it, why? What about it didn't you like?
    (4) best prices on dies?

Thanks everyone,
    Have a very blessed day!
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

I absolutely LOVE my Go Cutter..I did only plan to purchase dies that were hard to cut with a rotary cutter such as drunkards path,double wedding ring etc but have purchased 2 1/2 strip cutter & rag dies with more to come...I love them all. Our prices are different here in Australia so cant advise you on that one.

I just ordered mine, well actually the Go Baby one. I think I will just use the basic ones. Like the squares, triangles and rectangles, boring I know. I also figure since my niece is now interested in sewing. I can send her some homemade charm packs to experiment with.

I also took under consideration how much I would be using it. I opted for the small version as opposed to the more expensive one.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I have a Baby Go and I have used it. I am not interested in piecing so I only purchased the applique dies. A member of my quilt guild is a dealer and she sells to us at a 25% discount. I make mostly Linus quilts and I like to decorate them with the child friendly appliques. I first apply fusable web to the back of the fabric before I run it through the Go. Then all I have to do is iron it on my project and sew it around the edge to permanetly attach it to the quilt. If my grandchildren were younger or when I start to have greats I will find a whole lot more to do with it. I will admit that like many of the gadgets I have purchased I only use it in fits and starts.

Does anyone know if you can get better pricing on this at Quilt shows? Going to the show in Paducah this year (my first) and wondering if I should hold off on purchasing?

I have the go and the studio cutters I love them. Purchase the dies that you will use most and then add to your supply as go along.

Blog Entries
    I have a Go Baby and love it. I've done a lot of triangles and circles. I wish I could get the Rob Peter, Pay Paul die, but it's too big for the Baby. If you like precuts, there's a die that will cut 2.25" strips. That one seems to be very popular.

The best price on dies anywhere is a Yahoo group called pinsandneedles1. The group owner sells them at a price that cannot be beat, including shipping.

Blog Entries
    The Go is as important to me as my sewing machine. My newest die is the ribbon die. It makes a great border. I use the tumbler and rag die the most. I also use the 2 1/2 square die and strip die a lot. I usually buy a new die to make the shape I need for a quilt pattern. I keep a stock of mats on hand. When I find a sale I stock up. The circle die is a fun one to have.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I have the big Studio cutter, my sister has the Go!. I was impressed with how sturdy the smaller machine was. I don't do applique, so the dies that I have are lots of geometrics (triangles and squares) and strip cutters. I also purchased the dies for 2 curved pieced quilts, Winding Ways and Drunkard's Path. I cannot imagine cutting either of these last 2 quilt by hand!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I have a GO and many dies...some appliqué but mostly geometric for piecing and of course the strips are great......I have found an excellent source. A yahoo group called pinsandneedles1. You have to join the group but you will learn a lot from the members.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast