Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt Go, Fiskar Fuse and Stixx >

AccuQuilt Go, Fiskar Fuse and Stixx

AccuQuilt Go, Fiskar Fuse and Stixx

Old 01-13-2015, 08:25 AM

Default AccuQuilt Go, Fiskar Fuse and Stixx

I bought a Fiskar Fuse machine a while back to use with my AccuQuiltingGo dies. They work great.
Then I purchased a Stixx die for fabric to use with the Fiskar Fuse.

I did not purchase the Stixx cutting mat to go with the die. I used my AccuQuiltGo cutting mat. Bad idea. The Stixx cutting die almost destroyed my accuquiltgo cutting mat.

I went to Hobby Lobby today to see if Stixx had a cutting mat for the dies. Sure enough they did. I opened it up and it was thicker than the accuquilt mat. I purchased it to go with my stixx die.
Lesson learned.

Wanted to save you all a headache in case you decided to do what I did.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

That was a case of "foolish frugality." Thank you for sharing your experience!
Old 01-13-2015, 09:38 AM

I had a look at the sissix dies as I have the Go, and I did read somewhere they were not compatible as they cut too deep, can't remember where I read it, but decided not to take a chance.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:39 AM

Foolish indeed. I purchased the die because I liked the cut and accuquiltgo didn't have one like that. Won't do that again. I'll cut it the old fashioned way.
Some times it just doesn't pay to try to be frugal!

I wish I had read that. Haven't seen anything about Stixx.
Want to help others not make the same mistake.

Last edited by Kani; 01-13-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

I'm not sure what a stixx die is, but if you are referring to a sizzix die, you CANNOT use it in your GO! cutter. The sizzix dies are thicker than the GO! dies and will ruin the roller mechanism in your cutter. You can use GO! dies in the sizzix cutter with a shim.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:05 AM

I have a sizzix die that I bought on clearance just as a test in my Fuse. It's not from their fabri line so maybe it's different, but I used a sheet of plexiglass as the cutting mat and it worked fine. It did score the acrylic but didn't seem to harm the die. I haven't used it a lot though, that might dull the die's blades.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:25 AM

I have a GO and a Sizzix big shot........I know they say you can use GO dies in Sizzix with the help of some kind of shim......but I keep all Sizzix stuff with Sizzix cutter and all GO stuff w/GO. Looking at the cutting mat for Sizzix....it does look like a piece of plexi, whereas the GO mat does not...thinner... Some things are better kept separate, just like attachments for sewing machines are not interchangeable
Old 01-13-2015, 12:36 PM

I have a Sizzix Big Shot Pro. I bought this because I wanted to be able to use other dies and only Accuquilt Dies are are compatibile with the Accuquilt Go. I actually have more Accuquilt dies than I have Sizzix dies at this point.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I have a sizzix die that I bought on clearance just as a test in my Fuse. It's not from their fabri line so maybe it's different, but I used a sheet of plexiglass as the cutting mat and it worked fine. It did score the acrylic but didn't seem to harm the die. I haven't used it a lot though, that might dull the die's blades.
Did you use a shim or anything with it other than the plexiglass?

Last edited by Kani; 01-13-2015 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-15-2015, 11:21 AM

I have the Fiskars Fuse and use several of the Sizzix dies in the Fiskars Fuse. With the correct set up they work without any problems.

The sandwich I use starting from the bottom: the Fiskars adapter(shim) A plate, Sizzix die, up to 6 layers of fabric, Accuquilt Go cutting mat and a couple sheets of card-stock.

The Fiskars adapter plate is 1/16" thick - so I've also used a piece of 1/16" thick Lexan as my bottom shim in place of the Fiskars A plate.

The Sizzix dies are slightly thicker than the Accuquilt dies, so you need to adjust the shims so they roll easily in the Fiskars Fuse. I experimented with how many sheets of card stock on top of the Accuquilt cutting mat to put enough pressure to cut through all the layers of fabric. I usually use about 5 pieces, but if I'm only cutting one or two layers of fabric, I'll add a couple more sheets of card stock.

I just finished used the Sizzix mini wacky web die to cut up 1 full jelly roll and 1 full layer cake. I have just minor cuts in the Accuqilt go cutting mats with this set up.

Hope this helps.