Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Accuquilt Go quilts

I finally got it. I would love for you to share the projects you have made using the Go.

How are you doing on yours? I just got one for my birthday about a month ago. Still learning. Frustrated learning that although I always buy 100% cotton, some fray so badly with the Accuquilt Go. Someone blogged that it works better ironing fabric with sizing first. Trying that tonight. Let me hear how yours are going!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! I have some of the appliques and squares. Love the GO!

Do you have any problem with clean cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda from South Texas
    Do you have any problem with clean cuts?
    I've only tried the 2.5 square. I used 4 layers. I had to cut each time one little thread that didn't cut all the way thru. How many layers are you using?

Try using a sheet of paper over the top of the fabric once in a while. For some reason it helps. Mine dont fray badly, once in a while I need to snip a thread though.

I plan on getting the Go with the next 50% off coupon from Joann's (if the Go is applicable). For those of you that are so lucky to already have one is there a lot of wasted fabric after the cut-outs? I worry about the excess cost of lost material...?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kclitz
    I plan on getting the Go with the next 50% off coupon from Joann's (if the Go is applicable). For those of you that are so lucky to already have one is there a lot of wasted fabric after the cut-outs? I worry about the excess cost of lost material...?
    On all the coupons I've seen for Joann's it says coupons are not good on with Accuquilt. I was disappointed. You can't even use the online coupons for it. :thumbdown:

Blog Entries
    There's a store on amazon that usually has the Go for the cheapest price I've seen. I think it's...fabric hut maybe? I bought dies from them-they have good service.

As for a quilt. I'm working on my first one with the Go. It's a snowball/9 patch with 6" squares. I used the 2.5" strip die and the 6.5" square die.

Blog Entries
    Spray some static guard on the cutting mat. It stops the static cling. Also it's helpful, instead of taking the mat off the top after the cut, turn the die upside down then remove the fabric. There are lots of great tips and hints on Youtube for the Go.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast