Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt Go? >

AccuQuilt Go?

AccuQuilt Go?

Old 07-28-2014, 05:35 AM

Default AccuQuilt Go?

Does anyone have and use the AccuQuilt Go? If so how do you like it?
Is it worth the purchase?
Thanks
Old 07-28-2014, 05:38 AM

I've been thinking about buying one of these myself lately. I usually sort of enjoy cutting fabric but now I'm getting confident enough that I want to try some trickier curved pieces, and cutting a bunch of circles or curves with a ruler doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy!

I just wish it wasn't so expensive.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:58 AM

I love mine. Don't know how I got along without it. It's amazingly fast. If you get one, think about what you'd use it the most for. I use my strip cutters a lot and also my charm cutter. No bought precuts for me.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
I love mine. Don't know how I got along without it. It's amazingly fast. If you get one, think about what you'd use it the most for. I use my strip cutters a lot and also my charm cutter. No bought precuts for me.
Thanks Misty's mom that is what I am wanting to do. I don't buy precuts either. I am not the best cutter. LOL
Old 07-28-2014, 06:04 AM

I love mine. I especially like the accurate cuts so that if I sew the pieces together right the seams match perfectly. It's also a marvelous time-saver.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:23 AM

Buy a Fiskars Fuse instead, along with the adapter plate kit. Watch for a 60% off sale at Jo-Ann's. You can use the Accuquilt go dies in it, with the adapter plates. Works awesomely well!!

I love the die cutting. Much more consistent sizes of pieces, AND saves a boatload of time.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 AM

Nanax4 how many layers of fabric will it cut at one time?
Joann's has the AccuQuilt Go on sale right now. So does Allbrands.
Is it as big as the AccuQuilt go? Or the size of the GoBaby?
Thanks
Old 07-28-2014, 07:14 AM

I have a GO and many dies...am waiting now for flowering snowball die! I am pleased with it and do not regret buying it.......bought mine about three yrs ago when you could " shop" for a good price......in actuality the cost is not prohibitive...what did your sewing machine cost, the various feet that one has to buy.....and all those other gizmos and gadgets we accumulate.....it's all relative.......and worth the accuracy one gets from the cuts......
Old 07-28-2014, 07:15 AM

The Accuquilt.com website has a sale right now - buy a Go! at $249.99 and get $20 off of a die.

I need to look up the Fiskars Fuse - never heard of it!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:32 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

There are TONS of threads on the Go her on the forum.. Just search and you can see all the responses from the members...

that being said I am a GO owner.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine.. I love mine so much i have two.. I got mine when they first came out so Ive had mine for years and years.. I have almost all the dies.. the appliques are not my favs. but i do like the specialty dies : DWR, Drunkards Path, blazing star. Etc.....

Some will say the dies are expensive but quite honestly Ive had dies that i used more than others and they still are like new that Ive had for over 5 years... i ask for dies for dies for holidays, birthdays, moms day, valentines day.... Amazing how many one can accumulate that way !!

the Mats IMHO are disposable... I buy mats by the bulk.. I dont think they are expensive at all. I have to have a back up mat to the back up mat.. I will always have 3-4 of each size i use on hand... Once the grooves get too deep ill change the mat, HOWEVER if its a larger mat Ill use that USED mat for a smaller size die- the blades dont meet with the grooves.. and of need be ill cut down to size if they havent cracked... Buy the white mats the grey ones are crap.. ill get 4x more use with the white versus the grey...

Suggestions:
clean dies - remove threads
periodically wipe dies with a moist towel to keep them pliable
buy mats on sale even if you dont need them now- keep back up mats on hand..
dont use more than 2-3 layers on new dies until they are broken in
move mats over a smidge when running multiple times to keep from getting deep grooves
make sure the fabric placement isnt stretchy side going thru rollers
but mostly enjoy and have fun..

my fav dies
2x2
2.5x2.5
brick
large tumbler
ALL rags