Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Go >

Accuquilt Go

Accuquilt Go

Old 12-28-2010, 03:41 AM
tmg

I would like to know who has one and what you like and dislike about it. I am getting one as a late Christmas gift.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

HMMM...its light weight, and portable, very easy touse and has alot of fun dies. You can find themat JoAnns, or the website.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:52 AM

I also am getting one, I presume ... it is paid for and is on back order. While I wait for it, I have been doing lots of research with respect to what dies & mats I will want and need in the future, and checking out prices, etc. (quite a wide range of pricing). SewingMachinesPlus.com has a nice variety of videos that I've enjoyed watching.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:53 AM

Just use the search feature here and you will find lots of topics.
K
Old 12-28-2010, 10:00 AM

I found a purse pattern that calls for 17 charm squares.Well i was going to use my GO to cut out the squares.I think I'm going to use the ones i already have left over from my Twister wallhanging.I just have a GO Baby not the bigger one.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Power Poster

I haven't found anything I don't like about the Go. I don't cut more then four layers at a time for the bigger dies. The smaller dies seem to cut more layers then the bigger dies. There are lots of youtube videos how to use the dies more then one way to get different cuts. Everything you want to know about the Studio, Go, and Go Baby is on accucutquilters yahoo group.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Banned

Do your homework first! Accuquilt is finally getting more competition for long time competitor Ellison/Sizzix!

The Sizzix Big shot pro and sidekick are now hitting the market as THE cutters to have. Here is why:
Accuquilt cutters can only use THEIR dies, and the Studio can not use the Go dies and visa versa! The Sizzix however can use ANY makers dies!
The Sizzix cost less, and have thousands of dies available! You can use any Sizzix, Ellison, Accucut, STudio, Go or Go baby dies in these machines!

I have a large Ellison and a small Sizzix and have been cutting appliques for years with them using Ellison, Sizzix and Go dies!

You can see the Sizzix/Ellison machines and dies at http://www.checkerdist.com.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:40 PM

Thank you for the helpful information. I personally didn't know that the Sizzix could use dies from other brands.

Lisa
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Do your homework first! Accuquilt is finally getting more competition for long time competitor Ellison/Sizzix!

The Sizzix Big shot pro and sidekick are now hitting the market as THE cutters to have. Here is why:
Accuquilt cutters can only use THEIR dies, and the Studio can not use the Go dies and visa versa! The Sizzix however can use ANY makers dies!
The Sizzix cost less, and have thousands of dies available! You can use any Sizzix, Ellison, Accucut, STudio, Go or Go baby dies in these machines!

I have a large Ellison and a small Sizzix and have been cutting appliques for years with them using Ellison, Sizzix and Go dies!

Old 12-28-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Actually, this isn't true . The Studio/Grande Mark on the Accucut side has a tray and adaptor for other brands of dies. I think everyone needs to do some homework. LOL.
http://www.accucuteducation.com/Gran...ter-P2954.aspx
Old 01-01-2011, 08:23 PM

Also, keep in mind that the Sizzix Machine only has a 12" opening, so that eliminates it being able to use AccuQuilt Studio dies that are larger than 12" - which is most of the strip cutters & classic shapes like Double Wedding Ring and Drunkard's Path.

And I've run GO! dies through my Studio - it can be done but AccuQuilt won't tell you how. :)

However, I'd venture to say that if you have a Studio, this isn't a big deal, because 99% of the GO! dies were already released on the Studio. You can use Ellison & Sizzix dies, plus all the dies that AccuCut Craft & AccuCut Education offer, and you can have CUSTOM dies made for anything you can think up. That's THOUSANDS of dies - I wouldn't consider 15 dies that the GO! has and the Studio doesn't as a deficiency against the Studio. :)

ebony