Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accuquilt Question/Thought

I'm purchasing a very lightly used Accuquilt Go, and will use it mainly for strips/squares/triangles. Those dies make sense to me, as they will get a lot of use. Of course, I'll bee looking for deals on them, just as I did with the cutter itself.

On the long ride home from PA today (went to DD's for Thanksgiving! :) ), I was thinking about the dies, especially the ones I'd like but wouldn't use over and over. For example, there's a 3 1/2" tumbler die coming out that I'd love to do a quilt or two with. But the price of a die is too high to buy it if not being used a lot...

So: Would a "lending library" of dies work? Can they be "rented" without breaking some kind of law? For example, could there be a charge of $10 a week, plus shipping, to let somebody else use dies?

For that matter, wouldn't it be great with lots of those tools we have that don't get constant use? I've got the 30 degree triangle ruler, Wing Clipper, 9 degree wedge... The list just goes on and on! If only there was someplace that they could be borrowed for a small fee, or rented for a period of time!

Blog Entries
    they are so cheap on the internet...not worth renting...tumbler is 19.07

Blog Entries
    and if I have not said it enough...I love., love the GO!!!! Worth every cent....never have to buy another rotary blade....

Blog Entries
    I buy dies on sale. They aren't that expensive from online dealers. The yahoo group always have the lowest price posted. I love the Go.

As an AQ retailer and user, there is no way I'd rent my dies out, as there would be no control over what might happen to the dies while in someone's house; the dog shews on them, the kid colors on them, the customer jams the die (somehow) in their GO. Nope not an option I'd even consider.

The GO dies and machine are not made to be "high use" items. Renting them out wouldn't be a good idea because they're simply not made to be used in a commercial manner. They are not built like the Studio system.

Blog Entries
    I do not see why retailers do not rent out in Des Moines there is a scrapbook store that rents out cricut carts for a weekly fee you then have a chance to buy that cart minus your rental fee. They even rented one to me from out of state it was a win win situation I got what I needed and they made money. You secure with a credit card in case you damage or don't return, I do not see why AQ cant be done like that

Quote Originally Posted by sassey
    I do not see why retailers do not rent out in Des Moines there is a scrapbook store that rents out cricut carts for a weekly fee you then have a chance to buy that cart minus your rental fee. They even rented one to me from out of state it was a win win situation I got what I needed and they made money. You secure with a credit card in case you damage or don't return, I do not see why AQ cant be done like that
    Because, like I said above-maybe you and I were posting at the same time. The GO is not built for high use/commercial.

A quilt shop near where I live that I just discovered last week because the operate out of their home. They rent the studio cutter for 10 bucks an hour,I didn't think that was too bad. perhaps some small shops around some of you may do the same.

The only bad thing is that the mats get worn pretty quick.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast