Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AccuQuilt Rag Die

In light of my recent experience with washing a quilt top that raveled to the point of being unusable, I was thinking of doing a raq quilt. I have an Accuquilt cutter and have ordered the rag die. Anyone ever used this and if so, how well does it work? Also, how many layers of flannel will it cut? Thanks for any info.

Barb(-_-)

You need to specify if you have the Studio or the Go. I cut about 8 layers at once on my Studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    You need to specify if you have the Studio or the Go. I cut about 8 layers at once on my Studio.
    I have the Go.

Blog Entries
    I was told by Accucut rep to put a thin piece of paper on the die before the fabric and the rag threads would not get embedded in the die. Maybe after a thousand or so cuts the paper will dull the blades. I don't baby the dies, if I want to cut paper I do.

I have the 8 1/2" rag die for my Go! and have used it for one quilt. IMO, It was a big pain to use. Cleaning out the die was more time consuming than clipping the quilt. I don't think the die was worth the money.

Thanks for the input. I guess since I've got the die, I'll try it but use the paper idea.

I might give it another try with the paper. Hopefully, that will be the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by dkays
    I have the 8 1/2" rag die for my Go! and have used it for one quilt. IMO, It was a big pain to use. Cleaning out the die was more time consuming than clipping the quilt. I don't think the die was worth the money.
    I agree I also did one quilt using my rag die and hated it, would rather do the 'ole fashion way, cut, cut & cut!

By thin piece of paper, would a sheet of copy paper work?

Weird, I don't have any problems with my rag die on the Studio. No paper needed either. Interesting...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast