Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: AccuQuilt Rag Quilt helpppppp

Have any of you created a Rag Quilt using the AccuQuilt Rag Dies?

I need help.

I just finished one two days ago and it was my first. What help do you need?

what help do you need? cutting or sewing?

Yes, what is the problem?

Blog Entries
    AccuQuilt has a rag die?! I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    Actually they have at least 5 for the Go machine and a few larger ones for the Studio. There is the 8 1/2 die, 5 1/2 die, heart and circles and retangular one and forget what size that is. They also have a couple or so of larger ones to use in the Studio.

What I need help with is the sewing of it.

I cut the fabric and did all right stitching the X in the center of each but realized I should have gone from end to end and not stopped inside at the 1 inch mark. So next time I'll know better.

I did stitch each piece together ok I suppose but it could have been in closer to the cut marks and I did sew blocks in rows all right.

My problem came when I started stitching the rows together. The reverse side of the project which would be the smooth side did not line up to each row as I had hoped it would. It seemed to be lined up right so not sure if it moved as I sewed or what.

Anyway I need to know how to learn how to sew it so sides will match up.

Quote Originally Posted by clsurz
    Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    Actually they have at least 5 for the Go machine and a few larger ones for the Studio. There is the 8 1/2 die, 5 1/2 die, heart and circles and retangular one and forget what size that is. They also have a couple or so of larger ones to use in the Studio.

What I need help with is the sewing of it.

I cut the fabric and did all right stitching the X in the center of each but realized I should have gone from end to end and not stopped inside at the 1 inch mark. So next time I'll know better.

I did stitch each piece together ok I suppose but it could have been in closer to the cut marks and I did sew blocks in rows all right.

My problem came when I started stitching the rows together. The reverse side of the project which would be the smooth side did not line up to each row as I had hoped it would. It seemed to be lined up right so not sure if it moved as I sewed or what.

Anyway I need to know how to learn how to sew it so sides will match up.