Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Studio Owners input request >

Accuquilt Studio Owners input request

Accuquilt Studio Owners input request

Old 12-04-2015, 09:43 PM

What you can or can not use depends on which of the cutter models.

I was lucky enough to get a Studio model second hand, including several dies, cutting trays, and plastic to put over the fabric for cutting. All, I might add, at a very good price. However, a lot of the newer dies are not compatible with the Studio, so I have to be careful what I buy.

I use the big tray for small dies. It's easier than changing the trays out. I put the small dies near the end of the tray that goes into the rollers first, put a piece of their plastic over them and crank them through the Studio. That doesn't seem to cause any harm to the dies or the Studio.

If I had a ton of money to spare, I would by the electric cutter, the new model, and a zillion dies to go with it. But I can't justify that.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
. However, a lot of the newer dies are not compatible with the Studio, so I have to be careful what I buy...
I'm not aware of any dies that are not compatible with the Studio. I even use old dies from commercial printers, in addition to Sizzix, Go, and wafers. You do need the appropriate shims.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:53 PM

Thanks to all of you who shared your thoughts and experience. I finally spoke with an Accuquilt employee and she answered additional questions I had. Yes, I believe there will be a big box or two or three under the tree this year.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post

I was lucky enough to get a Studio model second hand, including several dies, cutting trays, and plastic to put over the fabric for cutting. All, I might add, at a very good price. However, a lot of the newer dies are not compatible with the Studio, so I have to be careful what I buy.
Actually, all dies by all manufacturers will work in the Studio as long as you have the correct adapter. AccuQuilt doesn't make an adapter for the Go Big dies, so they claim those don't work. But the fact is, using two Sizzix adopters with shims, turned 90 degrees in the tray, allows one to use Go Big dies ��

I love my Studio . . .have all the strip dies, all the half square triangle dies, all the triangles and the larger square dies for which there's no strip for, and use it everyday.

And when I'm done, it tucks underneath my cutting table.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:39 PM

I just got the studio fabric cutter for christmas, havnt had time to try out, but im sure i will love it, all the reviews were great and i got a great deal on it, it stated on the website that all the dies can be used on the studio, the dies i bought were the strips and 2 1/2 inch squares and then i bought the hexagon as well.