Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Accuquilt Sunbonnet dies

  1. #41
    Super Member gramquilter2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    4,940
    Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriEl
    LOL! I thought she died! As in-they were going to discontinue making her. Now I understand.

    That reminds me of the Sun sets on Sunbonnet Sue quilt.
    Have you seen it? I think it was made by someone who doesn't like Sunbonnet sue. It's quite creative.

    http://www.sundrysites.com/embroidery/sunbonnetsues.htm
    Not sure I would make this Sunbonnet for my granddaughter! LOL

  2. #42
    Senior Member JSNOMORE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    southern NJ
    Posts
    626
    sometimes with my applique die I cut the fabric and I cut the fusible. Then I remove the middle of the fusible so that it will only cover about 1/2" around the outer edge. Then I fuse the fabric and the fusible together on a teflon applique sheet.(just in case I don't line it up right.) This eliminates some of the stiffness you get when you use the fusible.Takes a little longer but it depends on the feel I am after.

  3. #43
    Senior Member jeank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriEl
    LOL! I thought she died! As in-they were going to discontinue making her. Now I understand.
    I'm glad I am not the only one who drew the wrong conclusion when I read the title, but I thought she was dead - I guess I have been living in FLORIDA too long......
    I loved the reference to Florida. Our community in FL calls itself "God's Waiting Room"

    Jean

  4. #44
    Senior Member emlee51's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    671
    Joining the bandwagon on the death of SBS...

  5. #45
    Senior Member AnnaF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hermon ME
    Posts
    618
    There is no seam allowance on those dies to allow for hand turning. However, the sales pitch on these is how easy it is to apply fusible to the wrong side of the fabrics,make your cut and they come off all ready to fuse to the background block. I recently used this method to cut out flowers, stems and leaves to do appliqued borders on a raffle quilt. The cuts are precise and mulitples can be cut (up to 10 layers of fabric). I was very glad that I had the Accuquilt Studio to make the job easier and saved me cutting out tons of pieces to say nothing of all the tracing I would have had to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #46
    Super Member BettyGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaF
    There is no seam allowance on those dies to allow for hand turning. However, the sales pitch on these is how easy it is to apply fusible to the wrong side of the fabrics,make your cut and they come off all ready to fuse to the background block. I recently used this method to cut out flowers, stems and leaves to do appliqued borders on a raffle quilt. The cuts are precise and mulitples can be cut (up to 10 layers of fabric). I was very glad that I had the Accuquilt Studio to make the job easier and saved me cutting out tons of pieces to say nothing of all the tracing I would have had to do.
    Thank you for the info. I just purchase the GO and so far I love it. May I ask what the pattern is for the gorgeous quilt you made?
    Many thanks,
    Betty

  7. #47
    Super Member gramquilter2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    4,940
    AnnaF your quilt is beautiful.

  8. #48
    Senior Member AnnaF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hermon ME
    Posts
    618
    The raffle quilt was cut out using several of the dies for 12" blocks that I bought with the Accuquilt Studio. That particular block is called a Jewel block thence the Grandmothers Jewels name we gave the quilt. We came up with a star layout using 4 different blocks.

  9. #49
    Super Member BettyGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaF
    The raffle quilt was cut out using several of the dies for 12" blocks that I bought with the Accuquilt Studio. That particular block is called a Jewel block thence the Grandmothers Jewels name we gave the quilt. We came up with a star layout using 4 different blocks.
    Many thanks,
    Betty

  10. #50
    Senior Member BizyStitches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter

    Can they be done as needle turn applique without the adhesive stuff? If I want to do them by hand?
    Just remember if you try to do needle turn that the die does not allow for that extra part that gets turned under. I guess you could use paper in the die the put the cut paper on fabric and cut out your fabric pieces a bit larger. I think just using fusible and then do something like a blanket stitch around them would work much better and it would keep the shape of Sue and Sam. I love my Accuquilt cutter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.