accuquilter studio >

accuquilter studio

accuquilter studio

Old 11-29-2013, 06:40 PM

Default accuquilter studio

I am considering buying the accuquilter studio. Any suggestions
Old 11-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

I've never seen it on sale for less, so now would be a great time to buy!
http://www.accuquilt.com/fabric-cutt...-cutter-1.html

You do need a dedicated space for the Studio. It is heavy and not easily moved.

I have a Go! Someday I hope to get the Studio, but not until I have a space for it.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:18 PM

Any suggestions about what? What are your questions? I have one.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:28 PM

I was looking at the accuquilter go but I found the studio on line so I am thinking about it. I have plenty of room for it. Do you use yours a lot and is it worth the cost of dies.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Banned

For me it is worth it. However it depends on the volume of cutting you do. If you do get it suggest you only buy dies as you need them r those you know you will use. I went overboard at first when buying the studio. And have many never taken out of the package. The strip dies I use regularily.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by DAISYQUILTER View Post
I was looking at the accuquilter go but I found the studio on line so I am thinking about it. I have plenty of room for it. Do you use yours a lot and is it worth the cost of dies.
Like Holice, I only buy them as I think I'll use them. The cost is worth it *IF* you can get them on sale. The accuquilt site has periodic sales and I only buy them on sale. Yes, I use it lots and mainly stick to the strip dies.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:48 AM
Administrator

i have no regrets at all about buying my accuquilt studio.

i never considered making a rag quilt until then. the thought of clipping all that fringe by hand ... as if. LOL

as others have advised, i haunt their sales.
i have a growing collection of dies, but only add to it when i need something specific - and i wait until that something is on discount. they nearly always have something on sale so i haven't usually had to wait long.

the studio cutter and dies are only available through the manufacturer's website, so don't waste your time looking for "the best price" via an internet search.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:16 AM

I also have one and also went overboard and do not use many of the dies. I agree with the strip dies - I have them all and they are great. If I did it over again I would not have bought the bundle deals...I have them all and barely use them. I like the odd shape ones. Tumbler, circles etc...
Originally Posted by Holice View Post
For me it is worth it. However it depends on the volume of cutting you do. If you do get it suggest you only buy dies as you need them r those you know you will use. I went overboard at first when buying the studio. And have many never taken out of the package. The strip dies I use regularily.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

I've had mine for 15 + years. Originally, I purchased it for the semi-professional paper crafting work I did, so I was all set up for my new hobby. I can tell you it's very sturdy, I have cut literally tens of thousands of items, both paper and fabric. My quilting die purchases have been concentrated on the geometrics: squares, triangles & strips, although I did splurge on the winding ways die. You can get an adaptor shim that will let you use less expensive GO! dies, so if there is a die you think you will use infrequently, get the less expensive GO! version. If you go to accuquilt's sister site: accucut craft, you can also purchase an adaptor that will also let you use the sizzix quilting and paper dies. On the craft side site, they sell smaller machines which are NOT SUITABLE for precise cutting (paper or fabric). They use a different cutting mechanism that can allow the material being cut to shift. The Craft side's GrandeMark is the same cutter as the Studio. If you want to use the long strip dies, you will need to purchase the longer tray. Also, get extra cutting plastic. The quickest way to wear out a plastic is to cut over and over in the same spot, so try and position the plastic in a slightly different place each time, flip the plastic over end for end and use both sides.
For me, the bottom line is more accuracy in my cuts. I can't imagine cutting curves (that will fit together) using a rotary cutter & template. Speed is just the added bonus.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

I use my studio alot and love it!