Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Added to my stash

Went shopping at Walmart In Garden City, Ks (near where I live) got material for $5 a bolt. Wish I had known this earlier I would have gotten more and taken more money with me. Of course Hubby needed lumber for his projects so we both got something. Good thing we took the pickup.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Great shopping!

Blog Entries
    Where are you from? I was raised in Garden City. Lived there from 1967 to 1982. I went back there in 2003 and I was shocked at how much it had changed.

Most generic, $5 bolt fabrics sold at WM are garment types. Did you find any cottons?

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Most generic, $5 bolt fabrics sold at WM are garment types. Did you find any cottons?
    My local Wal Mart also gets these every once in a while. And yes most are garment types, but I have managed to find several cottons. The cotton sells very quickly. There are only 5 yds on the bolts I get @ my wal mart. Wouldn't it be great to get the 15 yd bolts @ that price. Haha

Blog Entries
    You're luck to have your Walmart still carry bolt fabrics. The WMs in our area only have 2 yd pieces, jelly rolls, etc. Wish they would bring back a nice fabric dept.

Our walmart carrys bolts of fabric, wish they carried jelly rolls, FQ's, and or scrap bags

I live in Goodland. We moved here in 1992 and don't have thoughts about moving so I guess we will remain here . We are gettng too old to be moving all the time.

They had all kinds of material in a big bin so all you had to do is go wild and help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by fontmomma
    They had all kinds of material in a big bin so all you had to do is go wild and help yourself.
    Did you put on protective gear so you didn't get innocently elbowed, poked by all those other wild ladies? LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast