Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Addiction!

I love this message board , but I have to admit that I spend most of my time looking at all the beatiful pics of all your projects.Then I go out looking for the patterns. Will I ever have the time to make them. who knows.
    Thanks so much to all of you who share your quilting!
    Linda/MI

Blog Entries
    It is a dual addiction :D:D:D When the "right" quilt comes along...you will spend as much time on it as here :wink:

No worries. You will reach a point where you are ready to move past the design stage to the actual quilting stage, and by then you will have learned a lot of techniques and tips to help. I find the design stage is wonderful for that, plus it helps get me remotivated when I'm beginning to drag or when something happens in life and I simply do not feel very inspired to quilt. An example is when my FIL died. I just couldn't bring myself to quilt, and yet I spent a lot of time looking through everything and it really helped to re-energize me and help me through the grieving process. It's as if the soul soaks up all the wonders of quilting and helps give us new life. ;)

welcome to the addicition from MI!

You are in the "planning stage" of quilting. I have to think about how to use each piece of fabric. I believe that no fabric can be sewn until its properly aged. This gives each piece to form relationships with other pieces in my stash. The quilts will come, don't worry.

I have more patterns and to do list ,then I will ever have time for. Funny thing is I will start with a pattern , but then I change this and that and before I know I've changed it so much I've created something entirely new.
    Linda/MI

Fabric must age? I like that. Now I know why I am saving some of that stuff! It's really getting to know its neighbor and learning to live with others. like preschool and kindergarden--learing to socialize. (ggg)

AnneD

Banned
    Its addictive isn't it? I spend hours on this site. I sew love it and learn so much.