Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Adding glitter

Smile Adding glitter

hi, have made a xmas wall hanging from a panel with xmas houses and cabins, have contour quilted various details of the pictures, but wondered about adding some glitter accents to rooves, snow etc. not sure what glue to use,or would i be able to use a tube of glitter glue??

Are you ever going to wash it?

I have used the glitter paint before when I would do it around sweatshirts and would wash them numerous times. The only thing I found was to not use cold water when washing. It would crack the glitter paint.

they have fabric paints to use on fabrics that are also sparklly i like using the clear with glitter stuff in it so the fabric color shows through. you can find it at most micheals, joanns or hobby lobby

I used "it's ok to wash it" glue I get at JoAnns, then I sprinkle glitter over it, seems to have more sparkle than the glue with sparkle in it. I have done this on many sweat shirts and it washes fine.
    Dyan

thank you, doubt if i would wash it as it will only be up a week or 2 a year, the web sites you given me are all in U.S. So will have to look for similar products here in U.K., Many thanks for info.