Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Advent calendar - pattern or kit?

I'm in the middle of a "bigger" project (my first bargello) and already thinking steps ahead (as usual!). I think I need to work on some smaller projects for a while!.................

Does anyone know of a pattern for an advent calendar? A kit might also work. I'm thinking something not too religious but more fun for kids. Trying to spice up our house this Christmas season for my daughter, who will be 3 by then and has slept with her stuffed animal Santa every night since last Christmas.... Thanks!

I thnk I would go for a kit if you want it to be relaxing and not too difficult. You wouldn't have to find all the different fabrics needed. Depends on the cost, I guess.

Blog Entries
    Do you have a local quilt store ? They have some pretty panels out , that you can make up :lol:

If you go to the search section and put in just the word advent, the second listing is one by Shadow Dancer. I LOVE it.

Thanks everyone! We have some quilt shops "around here" but not so local, but there is one near my in-laws maybe I can check out. One of the negatives of living in a bigger city (Cleveland) is that the quilt shops around here are quite a distance out of the city...either in the Akron area or east of here in Amish country.

And, I LOVE the calendar by Shadow Dancer! I will check that out!

Thanks, everyone!

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    I was just looking at Fabric.com they have about a dozen Avent Calendar panels some religiou some not. One is actually 1 shadowdancer made last year it is Dickens, do a search Advent. They cost about $5 some were less. If you are a first time customer shipping is around $3 I don't know the code but you come google coupon codes fabric.com.

Here is one...not sure if this is what you are looking for.

http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts...-calendar.html